2 Recent Additions

2 Recent Additions

This is a discussion on 2 Recent Additions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I just turned 21 last Tuesday and just had to buy a pistol in my own name. So I shopped around and found a ...

2 Recent Additions

Well I just turned 21 last Tuesday and just had to buy a pistol in my own name. So I shopped around and found a Kahr CW9 for roughly $390. I loved the way it felt in my hand and hope it shoots very accurate. Then today I was out with the G/F and saw a NAA .22LR for $140 and couldn't help myself. Anyone have a suggestions for ammo for the NAA? I think I'm going to get the Grip Holster for it and carry it as a bug when the LCP or Kel Tec dont meet my fancy. Now only if my permit would get here in the mail. It was supposedly sent on Monday.
    "It is better to judged by 12, Than to be carried by 6"

"You ask me why I carry so much gear??? I ask you why you are not prepared?"

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Congrats on the additions. Of course, we need some pics!

As for the ammo for the NAA, I would suggest trying a few brands and find out if it likes everything or if has more particular tastes. My .22 pistol (S&W 22a) can be a little picky--it hates bulk ammo, likes CCI Mini-mag. YMMV.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    Congrats!

I think you'll like the grip holster. I used to carry one clipped on my vest under my uniform shirt, when I was an LEO. Mine loved CCI Stingers.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by mengel4228 View Post
    Well I just turned 21 last Tuesday and just had to buy a pistol in my own name. So I shopped around and found a Kahr CW9 for roughly $390. I loved the way it felt in my hand and hope it shoots very accurate.
    I have the CW9 and you're gonna love it or hate it. They can be finicky acting pistols until they're broken in. The manual calls for at least 200 rounds of fire before it should become reliable. My suggestion, clean and don't add any oil to it, then rack the slide several hundred times. Not all at once mind you, but several times over and over. This will work all areas where metal on metal comes into contact and work all the sharp edges simulating the break in. After doing that, just clean and oil it up and do it again if you want. I did mine about 500 times over a couple of days before I took it to the range for the Ammo feed and function test. Save the trigger time for carry ammo feed and becoming familiar with the DOA trigger.

Mine was flawless for everything I loaded up and a very accurate shooter. IMO, Great pistol I trust my life on it any day. Enjoy!

Note: For any negative reply's on the Kahr CW9, there's others hundreds times over that think there excellent firearms.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Naa mine likes stingers and fed 510. I havent tried the mini mags. I really enjoy this gun and am sure you will enjoy even more with the holster grip. I enjoy shooting bottle caps and sweet gum balls as good practice for snakes. I have been quite suprised the accuracy and the availability is perfect and takes up so little room there is no excuse.

Congrats on the new EDC...only you can determine is it works out to be the 'ONE'.
    Are you referring to that NAA .22LR as the NAA MINI .22LR? I have a MINI and it shoots anything...even some of my 30 year old .22 ammo.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links