Defensive Carry banner

New S&W 1911PD

3K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  eldorado 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked it up yesterday, took it to the range today, put 100 rounds through it. No FTE or FTF, good shooter. I haven't shot anything at a range for over a couple years, so I'm pretty rusty. The link below is at 21', 1 sec between shots.

21', 1 sec per shot

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I really like those S&W 1911s, everything I've heard about them has been on the positive side. Maybe one in stainless will make its way into my collection someday.

#6 ·
I picked up the stainless steel model a couple years ago, and It has been a fantastic shooter. So good that I've thought about finding the money for the PD model you bought for CCW. I picked up a new Colt Series 70 re-issue in blue back in June. Both the guns are more accurate than me, but it's easier to shoot the Smith good. Both are totally reliable, but the Smith ejects brass better. The Colt likes to eject a few into the shooters face now and then.

Yep, you did good. Congrats! - I'm jealous.

#9 ·
I have like the looks of those Smith 1911s since they hit the streets. That is an excellent choice.

#16 ·
When I decided to get a new 1911, I looked at ever model available and shot all that I could rent or borrow. After about a year I picked up the S&W SS, rail model and I couldn't be happier. It shoots where you aim it and has never had a FTF or FTE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.