Concealed carry of tokarev pistols?

This is a discussion on Concealed carry of tokarev pistols? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; my carry weapon is a bit unusual, a CZ-52. In my opinion, reliable operation and user training are the most important aspects. I'm results oriented. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed carry of tokarev pistols?

I understand where you are coming from...

my carry weapon is a bit unusual, a CZ-52. In my opinion, reliable operation and user training are the most important aspects. I'm results oriented. If the weapon is mechanically sound and reasonably accurate, it's technically good to go. I have always felt that equipment discussions were a little silly, in the civilian world and in the military. It's the training. I opted to buy a lesser expensive, reliable firearm and put my money on range memberships and ammo. So, long story short, if you feel it functions reliably and you can shoot it accurately under stress, carry it.

2. Remove Ads

Barnetmill asked, "Can people legally carry concealed where you live in canada?"

I have a Utah CCW permit for when I'm in the U.S., but I can't carry concealed in Canada. I guess your government trusts me more than my own government.

There is lots of good hunting here though!
    "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others." -- Winston Churchill

JaredMcLaughlin: You do have a point "In my opinion, reliable operation and user training are the most important aspects."

There are actually three aspects to this equation. 1-one is the weapon (equipment) 2- is your ability to use it. 3-Mindset and ability to make the proper decisions and acts under stress. Number 3 is for me the hard one.

I have a CZ-52 and prefer the tokarev. The CZ-52 on the drawing board is a good design, but it really should have been improved for things like the firing pin and one of the pins on one of my CZ-52's keeps coming out. I will fix it when I get around to it. Right now preparing for the next hurricane season is more important.

The real problem with a CZ-52 is that it is a full size service pistol and I might as well carry 1911.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I like my Polish Tok no end, but I agree about it not being particularly rust-resistant. I'm giving some real thought to hard-chroming it.

For carry, I've found that an IWB for a BHP or 1911 works fine. I keep the hammer down on an empty chamber, although a friend of mine tells me that - given the weight of the pull on his - he'd feel comfortable carrying hammer back with a loaded chamber. Not me (even if there is a strap between the hammer and the pin)!

Anyway, it's a dandy gun and the cartridge is great. My Polish Tok averaged over 1500 fps with S&B ammo last time I took it to the range - nothing to sneer at, even with an 85-gr pill.

Look at the Polish P64 in 9X18. Same gun as the PPK but made in Poland, You can get new ones (1970's) for under $150.00. They love Wolff ammo and will feed anything that you give it.
    frankmako

MARSTAR Tokarevs

I went to the MARSTAR site and they have a nice selection of NORINCO firearms inclusing Tok's and 1911A1's. It's really sad that we here in the USA cannot get new Tok's but the Canadian's can. They can purchase the original pattern as well as a souped up 9X19 in two tone finish.

Here's what they have to say about the Tok:

"The Tokarev pistol is truly the 'jeep' of handguns: extremely rugged, reliable under adverse conditions, inexpensive, and powerful (especially in its original 7.62x25mm calibre), our forged steel Norinco T33 series handguns are also priced low enough to fit almost every shooter's budget. From WWII and Cold War history buffs to collectors, re-enactors, and casual target shooters, there's room for one or more of these practical, attractively-priced pistols in nearly everyone's collection! "

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/index-hg-t33.shtm

Quote Originally Posted by CQBManny
    I went to the MARSTAR site and they have a nice selection of NORINCO firearms inclusing Tok's and 1911A1's. It's really sad that we here in the USA cannot get new Tok's but the Canadian's can. They can purchase the original pattern as well as a souped up 9X19 in two tone finish.
    Cry me a river CQBManny. We Canadians may have access to lots of el cheapo Norinco pistols, but I would gladly trade that for the U.S. rules that allow small pistols and concealed carry. In Canada we can't even own a pistol unless it has a barrel more that 4.2" (106 mm). How stupid is that? We also aren't allowed to defend ourselves properly.

I think you Yanks are doing just fine.
    "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others." -- Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links