Defensive Carry banner

10mm Accuracy

5K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  toaster 
#1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else find the 10mm more accurate than other calibers? just curious, thanks If so, why would that be?

#4 ·
I bought a 10MM Witness Hunter and am using the 165 grain load in it. It's a longslide (6") and I've encountered the same thing. It continues to outperform any semiauto I've ever owned and I've owned a bunch. I thought it was just me or the handgun just liked the load. I originally thought it might just be the flatter trajectory. After paying closer attention I noticed my horizontal pattern had shrunk also. Part of your perception may be due to velocity. The load I'm using was chronographed at 1350 fps in a five inch Glock. From a six inch barrel the velocity should come up thirty to fifty fps. That moves dead on point of impact out quite a bit for any given sight pattern. What you may be seeing is just a flatter trajectory. If your right to left pattern is smaller with the ten we've had the same basic experience.

#7 ·
Hello "jaywalker"
I believe the 10mm is one of the finest, most accurate rounds you can get! The power and the speed of that little demon rippin' through the air is awesome! I roll my own and I love it!
I can blast the heck outta the middle of some paper at 25 yards through my Witness. I roll 45, 40, 357 (both) 38 and now getting some 9's in. But the 10mm is by far my most fav to roll!

#8 ·
I don't notice a difference close up (like 15 yards.) It is flatter shooting and noticeably better at longer ranges (30 to 50 yards.)

I have noticed a greater feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction after squeezing the trigger and punching the center out of targets with a 10mm. ;-)

#9 ·
I have no scientific basis to back it up, but subjectively 10mm just "feels" more accurate than anything else that I shoot. I think some of this is that it cuts cleaner holes in target paper, because my practice ammunition has a flattened tip. I only wish my extractor would be more consistent with where it throws my 10mm brass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.