The madness continues!

This is a discussion on The madness continues! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First the G19 and now a G26 two weeks later. Paid $499 OTD. All this Glockness after 35 years of shooting handguns and never owning ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The madness continues!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

The madness continues!

First the G19 and now a G26 two weeks later. Paid $499 OTD. All this Glockness after 35 years of shooting handguns and never owning or really even wanting a Glock. I truely am not in love with these handguns but there is a beauty in the function of the form. I still prefer all steel and wood handguns but the Glocks as almost everyone knows (even the Glock haters who want admit it, I know I was one too) work extremely well for their stated purpose. I replaced the OEM mag bases with Pearce (Plus 2) mag extensions which is key for me to grip this gun properly and I am going to replace the OEM sights with XS big dots tritium sights on the G26 this week. I have a couple other compact semi's including a CZ Rami and but I just wanted to have the Glock in the lineup. I still am not completely comfortable yet with the grip angle but I seem to shoot these guns just as well as my other handguns.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

I'm not in love with my G23, but I shoot it well and it's as reliable as they get.

+1
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

There is no cure for this. I have the same sickness but with a slightly different virus... for now.

No cure. Just give in.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I AM in love with my Glocks. To me, it is the best platform out there. Others disagree of course, and I have no problem letting them be wrong.

I think the more you shoot it, the more you will appreciate the gun. It is a fine tool.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    Congrats!

The G19 and G26 make a near perfect pair for CCW...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Now if you really want to do a big improvement, spend the $20 or round about that price and have a Glock 3 1/2 lb trigger put in. If you don't like it, then switch back the standard one and I will buy the 3 1/2 lb trigger from you.

Trust me, you will like the difference.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Love all of my Glocks. I know what it's like to be down with the sickness and I know what it takes to heal oneself. Glock on!
    The 3.5# OEM connectors are still on EBay just FYI. Wouldn't suggest for carry, but for the range and matches it's nice. I shot my last Steel Challenge with my G17 and the 3.5# connector. Now I have put a NY1 spring in along with it and it's almost.....well........almost perfect. Scherer also makes the 3.5# connectors, but I would get the Glock OEM if there's a choice. Off Ebay right now the 3.5# connectors will run you from $14.99-$18.99 with or without free shipping.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I miss my G19. I loved it so much, babied it, took care of it, fed it nearly daily. This was back in 2001 through 2004. She was a great piece to have. Due to family issues, I had to sell her, but she is forever in my heart. To this day, I still remember her serial number.

One day, I just may buy another. Congrats on your Glock's. They are a love it or hate it relationship.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

VIP Member
    I think I'm an addict... I shoot better with my G19 than any other gun. It never jams, it shoots anything and is a joy to clean. Now I want a G21. Don't get me wrong - I still love wheel guns, but I think I'm hopelessly addicted to Glocks for semi-autos...

Glocks work...

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    I still am not completely comfortable yet with the grip angle but I seem to shoot these guns just as well as my other handguns.
    This is the bottom line - how well you shoot them. I have heard people whining about the Glock grip angle for years on forums like this, and I don't get it. I have Glocks and other guns, and if I use the sights I can shoot the Glocks as well as anything else, regardless of the grip angle.

Glocks may be the best line of carry guns, all things considered. They aren't very pretty but if you want performance and function, they are a good choice.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

PHB
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I AM in love with my Glocks. To me, it is the best platform out there. Others disagree of course, and I have no problem letting them be wrong.

I think the more you shoot it, the more you will appreciate the gun. It is a fine tool.
    I carry a G23 daily with no problems as for as ugly I don't show off mine very often and when I do you are not paying attention how ugly it is great gun.
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." -- President John F. Kennedy

Congrats on that new Glock...I never thought that I'd own a Brick, errr Glock, now I have two of them.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Congrats on the new Glock! The 26 is one of the best. Your picture is excellent; I'd love to have that stump for some of my own pics!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Nice weapon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links