Defensive Carry banner

Bought a new pistol yesterday. It was stolen today.

5K views 47 replies 47 participants last post by  BuckeyeEric 
#1 ·
I finnally broke down and bought a kel tec P3AT yesterday. I also bought a spare mag and a belt clip for it. The same store had plenty of ammo too, so I dropped $406 in about ten minutes.

I then took it over to a friends property and we took it for a test drive to break her in. I was easily making a pop can dance around at 10 yds with it. My friends secretary wanted to try it, and right out of the get go she was dead on even though she has very little experience with firearms and even less with pistols.

I had been quite pleased with this little piece. I tested it out with my defensive rounds of choice, then when we were done I loaded it up, tucked it on my pants, and said my good byes.

I absolutely loved how this made such a nice little addition to my tool box that was barely noticeable. I tried it out in my workout attire, which consists of gym shorts and a sleevless T, and it rode with me without a problem. I was feeling good about this little gun, and it solved a carrying solution for me right off the bat.

I had shown it to my wife last night, and she seemed partially interested.

Then today, she asked about taking it with her when she went grocery shopping. I thought it was great since she does not carry as often as I would like her to, primarily because she has yet to find a carry option that she is completely comfortable with. So she took it with her.

When she came back two hours later, I asker her how it all went.

She said that it was great, and that the gun was no longer mine. :scruntiny: :tired: :confused:

I lost my kel tec in under 24 hours. :dead:

See less See more
#2 ·
Could you bring yourself to ask for joint custody? Visitation on range days?

#4 ·
Now is the time, thats right, now is the time to go lay down more $$$ and get a twin for your new family member. What a romantic moment that would be, matching his and hers firearms.

#9 ·
I have heard of that happening in several cases, and when it came time to choose our carry guns we hit the range and rented a couple.
We started with the Kimber and one mag was enough for me to know that was my gun. Hubby thought the same way. Good thing they had 2 in stock:yup:

#10 ·
Well you know that you can not go with out a carry gun and that you will need to spend a little more money and replace it and by the way Honey I think I would like to upgrade a little LOL.

Great story and I am sure you will work it out.:congrats:

#13 ·
Did you call 911?
Oh wait a minute, that would involve sleeping on the couch for months...:rofl:

I'd say that you've made your wife a little safer!:congrats:

#18 ·
That's the problem with having a spouse who carries....

My wife has absconded with a bunch of my guns....I now have to buy TWO of everything.

1st she took my Sig 239
Next she took my Glock23
Then a Sig 229
Then a NAA Guardian

Even my father has started doing the same thing............he's taken 2 of my Smith & Wessons so far..............

The most recent is my daughter...she's swiped a Glock!

#23 ·
Really I am absolutely delited that she is going to take it from me. I was a little shocked, considering she had indicated in the past that she did not like them.

And yes, I suspect their will be a twin kel tec in the very near future. At least I will get off easier because I won't have to buy so many other things to go with it.

#25 ·
Well !!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!
Tell here you need a twin to be happy!! (of the gun)

#26 ·
Damn it... You said stolen, not confiscated! I was already sick to my stomach at the drama and anticipation of you announcing someone stole it at work or something.

Wife commandeered it is a whole other story!

For your penance, you must go out and buy one for yourself,
Recite 3 Hail Mary's, 2 Our Fathers, and make an act of contrition!

Now, go and sin no more, my son!

#28 ·
Now you have to go get yourself a Kel-Tec PF-9 so yours is bigger.

That's what happened to me when the wife decided the LCP was "hers now."

#29 ·
That stinks guy. The same thing happened to me with my XD .40 sub compact. I bought it, carried it for about 2 weeks and my wife shot it, tried carrying it and then explained to me that I no longer had an XDsc anymore.:confused:

That was 3 years ago and she is still carrying that little XD. I now have an XD of my own, and 4 inch service model and I love it. It replaced the Glock 23 that I carried every day for several years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.