Continuing Problems Sig 232

This is a discussion on Continuing Problems Sig 232 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had it a month, put 400 rounds through it and it doesn't get any better. It double feeds every range session and is difficult ...

Thread: Continuing Problems Sig 232

Continuing Problems Sig 232

I've had it a month, put 400 rounds through it and it doesn't get any better. It double feeds every range session and is difficult to un-jam and it's terrifically inaccurate. I've been shooting for five years and am pretty good with my other guns. I've shot Blazer, Hydrashock and Prvi Partizan through the 232. Yesterday I used a bench rest and most of the rounds still went low. My conclusion is it's a bad gun. Will send it back to Sig on Tues. Anybody had this problem with a 232?
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    My P232 has been flawless out of the box. Eats everything I feed it, however, I have not tried Blazer or Privi in it. If it's double feeding, you need to send it to Sig and have them adjust it. Have them zero the sights for you while it's there too. I can hit quarters at 15' with mine, it's very accurate. Sorry to hear about your problems, I'm sure Sig will take care of it for you.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

VIP Member
    That is bad news - my P230 has been absolutely flawless and way more accurate than a gun that size has any right to be.

If your groups are tight but just low, it's most likely a sight issue, not a gun issue, but this doesn't sound like it's the case here. Even if it were just a sight issue, it needs to be looked at because of its poor reliability. Please let us know what Sig says...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I had a problem with my wife's P232 that I bought used. The takedown lever was loose, causing it to turn while firing and the upper slide would go flying off on the second shot. I called Sig and explained the problem and told them that I bought it second hand. No matter, they sent me a shipping label and I sent it back. They replaced the takedown lever and gave it complete checkup. When they shipped it back, they included a new hardshell case. All for free. Service like that is what makes a person buy a dozen Sigs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had the gun back from Sig in 3 days. Also, this was not a certified pre owned gun. Incredible service.
    Last edited by morintp; September 6th, 2009 at 01:19 PM.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mojust View Post
    I've had it a month, put 400 rounds through it and it doesn't get any better. It double feeds every range session and is difficult to un-jam and it's terrifically inaccurate. I've been shooting for five years and am pretty good with my other guns. I've shot Blazer, Hydrashock and Prvi Partizan through the 232. Yesterday I used a bench rest and most of the rounds still went low. My conclusion is it's a bad gun. Will send it back to Sig on Tues. Anybody had this problem with a 232?
    Sounds like your 232 got the Signess! Call Sig and return it, there is no reason to keep on shooting a lemon. They will take care of you.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

RMS
    I have had my Sig 232 for several months and I have had no problems. Hope you get your problems resolved.

Another happy P232 owner here. Sorry yours is giving you trouble. Send it back and Sig will make it right.

Be Safe,

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Call Sig and they should make it right.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

EW3
    I had a blued P232 that was absolutely flawless out of the box, except for the infamous slide bite. I had a Bersa 380 that I liked shooting a little better, so I sold the Sig.

I'd contact Sig and see if they can look at it, sounds like maybe you got a rare lemon.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I had a problem with my wife's P232 that I bought used. The takedown lever was loose, causing it to turn while firing and the upper slide would go flying off on the second shot. I called Sig and explained the problem and told them that I bought it second hand. No matter, they sent me a shipping label and I sent it back. They replaced the takedown lever and gave it complete checkup. When they shipped it back, they included a new hardshell case. All for free. Service like that is what makes a person buy a dozen Sigs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had the gun back from Sig in 3 days. Also, this was not a certified pre owned gun. Incredible service.
    SIG and Springfield Armory have the best customer service IMO. They WILL make that 232 shoot reliably. It's a fantastic little pistol!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I have a P232SL and it has been flawless with everything I have fed it. Make sure you aren't limp wristing it.
    I am sure Sig will take very good care of you.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I have been shooting and carrying a 232 for almost 3 years and I shoot the heck out of it...fmj, various hollowpoints and now I'm shooting Buffalo Bore and I think I have had one failure to feed in three years. I'd send that bad boy back for a overhaul.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Links