Defensive Carry banner

I Really Want To Like My Glock 21SF, BUT...

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  maddawg 
#1 ·
I went to the range this morning with my Glock 21SF and Sig P239 DAK and shot 100 rounds with each, along with a friend.

I absolutely love the DAK trigger on the Sig, however I'm having a real hard time warming up the the Glock trigger.

On two prior range trips with the Glock, I was getting good tight groups, but everything was exactly left 2-3 inches on the target. I had the Glock armorer at the range check the gun to see if the sights were OK, and he verified they were good to go. He said I maybe wasn't using enough finger in the trigger.

With all my other guns, I use the center of the pad of the first joint of my trigger finger. The Glock guy told me to try to use more finger, almost to the crease instead. So I tried this, and viola, was getting good accurate results, BUT with a major problem!

The damn trigger now pinches and rubs my finger, so that by about 40 rounds into it, my finger was getting sore! Ugh.

How can I prevent this, or is this something I have to live with? I thought about putting a band-aid across the tip of my finger where it seems to get pinched and rubbed.

Any ideas? I really want to like this Glock, but this trigger finger issue may be a deal breaker. :frown:

See less See more
#3 ·
I might! :smile:

I have a USP45, same size and caliber as the G21, but is a DREAM to shoot! It sits at my bedside as my "bump in the night" gun.

#5 ·
Do the 3.5# connector/NY1 spring combo and you might like it a lot better. Trigger finger soreness with a Glock is usually attributed to the shooter letting off the trigger and letting the reset slap the finger on the rebound. Try holding the trigger to the rear after the shot is fired. It does take some conscious effort to start with, but you'll get used to it once you practice it, then it will become habit. Ride the trigger back to the reset or totally forward if you want, but don't let the trigger slap your finger. You're probably not even aware this is what's happening.

#7 ·
I didn't like it either at first. Follow the above comments and try again.

Nothing good is ever easy.

I've owned several other brands of handguns. They were all good, but none of them offer the combination of light weight, ease of shooting, easy maintenance, fast first shots, easy repairs, cheap parts, zillions of accessories. (I have two Glocks and a 1911. That's all I need.)

Work on it. I had every complaint you had about your Glock.

Shooting left? Change your finger position, use the crush grip and apply more grip with your left hand (assuming you're right handed) about 60-40.

Things will be fine.

#8 ·
I'm not so sure I want to jump through a bunch of hoops just to shoot a Glock half decently, when I can pick up every other gun I have and shoot comfortably and well. It just may boil down to the fact that maybe the Glock isn't for me.:frown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.