Para Ordnance PDA? - Page 2

Para Ordnance PDA?

This is a discussion on Para Ordnance PDA? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a used para 12 2 weeks ago for a song (thought I misheard the price or price was wrong =ATM buy) Think ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Para Ordnance PDA?

great gun

I picked up a used para 12 2 weeks ago for a song (thought I misheard the price or price was wrong =ATM buy) Think PO was worried about the reliability reading all this INTERNET stuff told me it had a FTF as it would not feed last round only had mag, so I replaced the mag spring with a WOLF +10 & cleaned the gun ....it has been a tack nailer incredible how comfortable it shoots and very tight groups have run ~500 rounds through it with no feeding issues,,, best value $ great has now replaced my trusty SIG for CCW ...13 rounds of 45 ain't bad definitely a keeper

I h.ave always wanted a small, lightweight, pocket carry 1911. Nothing has ever fit the bill because condition 1 carry is too dangerous in a pocket. The LDA trigger not only solves that problem but it is an absolutely excellent trigger. I didn't think I would ever say that about a double action trigger after being a 1911 fan for so many years, but Para Ordnance has definitely solved that problem. I have had no problems with this gun in over 5 years and have never experienced any kind of a failure to fire or eject. A friend has one and was fooling around with it when he really didn't know what he was doing and broke the safety. He called para-ordnance and told them what he had done and that the gun was about 4 years old. There were no questions. They sent a prepaid mailer and said the gun had a lifetime warranty. It was fixed and returned to him free of charge in about 10 days. No, I don't really care for the finish on the gun but plan to remedy that soon by having the gun refinished. It is worth it to me because I absolutely love this pistol and plan to keep it forever. As a shooter for over 50 years and an ex police firearms instructor I highly recommended it
    Last edited by DepOne; November 2nd, 2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: misspelling
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum

I have a P14-45 that is older than their current company. As a result, it is not covered by their lifetime warranty. In spite of that, I look upon it fondly. I have several thousand rounds through mine and have had very few problems. It is, far and away, the most accurate pistol I own. The only problems I ever had were a few failure to enter battery, bit I related that to the fact I was shooting my own reloads and I probably need to replace the springs.

I have heard many, less than complimentary, remarks concering the current Para-USA models, but I can only say mine has worked well for years. It has been put away since I transitioned to 9mm, but I am reluctant to part with it since I still have a lot of .45ACP ammo in storage.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    My buddy in Oregon, bought a new Para stainless Expert I believe.

I'm keeping my RAMI, but will be looking at Dan Wesson 1911s.

More money than a PARA, but I think well worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links