Para Ordnance PDA? - Page 2

Para Ordnance PDA?

This is a discussion on Para Ordnance PDA? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a used para 12 2 weeks ago for a song (thought I misheard the price or price was wrong =ATM buy) Think ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Para Ordnance PDA?

great gun

I picked up a used para 12 2 weeks ago for a song (thought I misheard the price or price was wrong =ATM buy) Think PO was worried about the reliability reading all this INTERNET stuff told me it had a FTF as it would not feed last round only had mag, so I replaced the mag spring with a WOLF +10 & cleaned the gun ....it has been a tack nailer incredible how comfortable it shoots and very tight groups have run ~500 rounds through it with no feeding issues,,, best value $ great has now replaced my trusty SIG for CCW ...13 rounds of 45 ain't bad definitely a keeper

I h.ave always wanted a small, lightweight, pocket carry 1911. Nothing has ever fit the bill because condition 1 carry is too dangerous in a pocket. The LDA trigger not only solves that problem but it is an absolutely excellent trigger. I didn't think I would ever say that about a double action trigger after being a 1911 fan for so many years, but Para Ordnance has definitely solved that problem. I have had no problems with this gun in over 5 years and have never experienced any kind of a failure to fire or eject. A friend has one and was fooling around with it when he really didn't know what he was doing and broke the safety. He called para-ordnance and told them what he had done and that the gun was about 4 years old. There were no questions. They sent a prepaid mailer and said the gun had a lifetime warranty. It was fixed and returned to him free of charge in about 10 days. No, I don't really care for the finish on the gun but plan to remedy that soon by having the gun refinished. It is worth it to me because I absolutely love this pistol and plan to keep it forever. As a shooter for over 50 years and an ex police firearms instructor I highly recommended it
    Last edited by DepOne; November 2nd, 2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: misspelling
    When a mosquito lands on your testicles you realize violence is not always the answer to a problem

VIP Member
    I have a P14-45 that is older than their current company. As a result, it is not covered by their lifetime warranty. In spite of that, I look upon it fondly. I have several thousand rounds through mine and have had very few problems. It is, far and away, the most accurate pistol I own. The only problems I ever had were a few failure to enter battery, bit I related that to the fact I was shooting my own reloads and I probably need to replace the springs.

I have heard many, less than complimentary, remarks concering the current Para-USA models, but I can only say mine has worked well for years. It has been put away since I transitioned to 9mm, but I am reluctant to part with it since I still have a lot of .45ACP ammo in storage.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

My buddy in Oregon, bought a new Para stainless Expert I believe.

I'm keeping my RAMI, but will be looking at Dan Wesson 1911s.

More money than a PARA, but I think well worth it.

"I am a soldier
    And it's love that I'm fighting for
    I am a soldier
    And the battle belongs to the Lord
    ".-Unspoken.
    www.czforum.com

WS
    I would highly recomend the PARA PDA 9 mm, the finish has alot to be desired, but it shoots great and my accuracy is great. I did have to put 500 rounds through it to get it completly broke in.

VIP Member
    Para quality is hit and miss. I had one and loved it until it started acting up. I was plagued with light primer strikes and no amount of fiddling would permanently fix it. I probably won't own another. But the lda was a pleasure to shoot and carry.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member
    Out of those two choices, CZ is the superior manufacturer.

Para has some interesting models, but they have changed ownership and factory locations like 3 times in the past 6 or 7 years. It's hard to stay on top of your game with that much turnover and instability.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pir8te View Post
    I picked up a used para 12 2 weeks ago for a song (thought I misheard the price or price was wrong =ATM buy) Think PO was worried about the reliability reading all this INTERNET stuff told me it had a FTF as it would not feed last round only had mag, so I replaced the mag spring with a WOLF +10 & cleaned the gun ....it has been a tack nailer incredible how comfortable it shoots and very tight groups have run ~500 rounds through it with no feeding issues,,, best value $ great has now replaced my trusty SIG for CCW ...13 rounds of 45 ain't bad definitely a keeper
    Punctuation and sentences please! Some of us old farts aren't wired for today's abbreviated writing style.

Distinguished Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    OP may have owned numerous guns since his post 6 years ago.

I owneda Para once. Was a single shot pistol With ammo storage the grip. Factory fixed came back a 2 shot pistol with ammo storage in grip. . I had a Llama that worked better.
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.metroarms1911forum.com

1911's forever !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links