Para Ordnance PDA?

This is a discussion on Para Ordnance PDA? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking, just thinking at this point of selling my CZ Rami and replacing it with the Para Ordnance PDA. Anybody have one and what are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Para Ordnance PDA?

Para Ordnance PDA?

Thinking, just thinking at this point of selling my CZ Rami and replacing it with the Para Ordnance PDA. Anybody have one and what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Maybe I should explain why, I appendix carry and the Rami is a bit thicker than the PDA so I think it may a little easier to carry my way.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up

I own one in 9mm and it's a great pistol. Small, light recoil, great trigger, night sights. I have had no problems with my gun at all. This is an excellent pistol in 9mm. I can't comment on the 45, I don't own one.

I have a 9mm PDA and it's my favorite carry weapon. Someone is bound to mention the black "Para-coat" finish isn't the greatest. Yes, I have some holster wear. It's fine with me - give the gun a little "character."
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

before you lay $1k for a Para, go to M1911.org and check out the Para section and see the problems that those guys are having...I bought a PDA and it was a definite lemon...Para replaced it because it was so out of spec...you couldn't shoot a full mag without it jamming or hitting you directly between the eyes with the brass.Para's customer service is a joke...there are fellows on the 1911 board that have had guns there for over 5 months and Para won't return their calls. I had to spend $70 to ship it back to para on my dime...when I got the PDA back I traded it for a Para Slim Hawg and it was a bigger lemon...it would lock up cycleing the slide by hand...Still don't know why...you would have to take it apart to get it to work...I shot over 200 rds thu it trying to get it to work and it got progressively worse... I know guys on here have them and love them but I hate to see somebody get that same feeling I got when I realized that I had spent over $1000 for a gun that factory could care less if it worked or not..it is a bad feeling in your stomach. I really wanted them to work...I had even ordered a custom holster for it...somebody mentioned the parakote finish...I had my PDA for 5 days and the finish was wore to a shiny point on the end of the slide.... I never carried this pistol..the factory told me that it was due to holster wear!!! and that it wasn't covered under warranty... just trying to help...I lost alot of money on my Para ordeal..and every time it goes back..it is on you...they will not pay for return shipping...please check out the other site ...I sure wish I had...I DEFINITELY wouldn't have bought a PARA...Robbie

Para's quality control has definitely been spotty over the years.

I personally wouldn't buy one, simply because I've heard too many negative things from people who've actually owned them, and from instructors who had students that experienced significant problems.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

I also know of several gun shops that won't even carry Para anymore... due to the quality issues...and lack of customer service..Robbie

Im the first person to say all the Paras I have owned have been excellent. I have not owned ones from the last few years though and I have since sold the ones I had. Not because I didnt like them but more because I just kind of got out of 1911s and the 45 caliber.

a buddy of mine bought one about 10 years ago and it was accurate and functioned fine...but the finish was cruddy...If I remember correctly it flaked off...like a poor paint job... he didn't keep it long after that....

I have had a couple of P-14.45 s never any more serious problems than with 70 or 80 Series Colts, replaced springs (especially in the mags) and broke an extractor spring (my fault) very accurate.

IIRC they recently relocated to the US from Canada - this may have caused some issues with customer service...

my stainless never chipped but the blue one wore off...

YMMV

I really wanted the small 45's to work...I even ordered a custom holster for it...I have never shot a full mag thru a Para that worked right... I was so disappointed... I wound up trading the Slim Hawg for a PPS and some money... I lost my tail dealing with Para...I won't lose any money on a Para again.

my 3" single stack 45 is back at para with a cracked slide. only 250 rounds through it. i love the lda trigger,but this makes me reconsider keeping it.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I had a 6lda for years and shot the crap out of it. Only problem i ever had was mag springs.

I really wanted to like my para ccw in 45, but it just wouldn't work. However I have no experience with the pda. If you are considering a thin metal 9mm I would suggest you have a look at the kahr mk9. Sweet trigger, solid workmanship and it always works. I love mine and I carry it everyday (often appendix).
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

I own three para's now. No problems with any of them.
    One is a Carry 9 with the LDA trigger. It's very similar to the PDA.
    Buy the PDA you'll like it.

Had one of them and loved it, had a full size and loved it.
    I foolishly allowed myself to be talked out of them.
    Well, maybe not so foolish.
    My grandson loves them now.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links