Any S&W 3913 owners out there.

This is a discussion on Any S&W 3913 owners out there. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's my understanding that the 3913tsw (tactical model) can be configured by a gunsmith as DAO, as well as modifying the safety/decocker as a decocker-only. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any S&W 3913 owners out there.

3913 as DAO, etc.

It's my understanding that the 3913tsw (tactical model) can be configured by a gunsmith as DAO, as well as modifying the safety/decocker as a decocker-only.

Can the standard 3913 be similarly configured, or is that unique to the 3913tsw?
    Don't do stupid things, don't go to stupid places, don't hang out with stupid people...

2. Remove Ads

I've had my 3914 since about 1991 and I would not trade for anything.

All the standard 3913's can be converted to DAO.

SOME 3913's can be converted to decock only. It depends on when they were made, as the slide needs to have the "cut" in it below the right side safety/decock paddle.

You might want to call the factory to see if they still offer to do this conversion. At one time they did. Also, see if they will modify an early slide to accept the decock only modification. They also did this at one time for law enforcement agencies. Regards 18DAI.

3913tsw owner here. Love this little pistol. Have the 7 round magazine version. While I am the third owner, it was taken care of and is a champ! This is my number one carry/home defense pistol. Use a Tauris IWB holster. Nice and light weight, did I mention that it is made of METAL!!

New Member Array zeekbartholmue's Avatar

Like new 3913LS

I was in a gun shop today and saw a 3913 LS like new for 595. I have one so i did not ask about box or extra mags.Its at Robert Weidig gun smith 386- 447- 1700 in Fl.

3913nl

I have had a 3913NL for about a year now . It carries well both IWB and OWB. I have just gotten a CS9 and a 6906 to complete the set (for me). I like them because I can use the same holsters.

I've been looking for a 3913NL for forever! I am about to pay 750 for one that comes with 3 mags and two holsters. However I can't belive I am about to pay that for one. Does anyone have one for sale?
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Quote Originally Posted by Datsun40146 View Post
    I've been looking for a 3913NL for forever! I am about to pay 750 for one that comes with 3 mags and two holsters. However I can't belive I am about to pay that for one. Does anyone have one for sale?
    Hey, man, how's it going? We should get together to shoot again. You're looking at the 3913nl on gunbroker? I looked at that, too. Just seems overpriced by maybe $200. There are some 3913LS models up for auction -- even one from a guy down in southern KY. You're not that concerned with the "Lady Smith" engraving, are you?! lol!

Yeah thats the one, I made them an offer of 650 shipped, I'm waiting for the answer. Anyway, the manly part of me has a problem with the "ladysmith" part but I'm a sucker for that sloped dustcover on that model thus the NL is the perfect solution but its rare :( and therefore expensive. I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay that ammount yet but its the only one the market. As far as getting togther, I'll be at KPDL next weekend with my brother. I had the requirments for full membership last month but I forgot to pay. So this coming trip I'll get the ball rolling on that. Full membership at last! Will I see you there?
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Administrator
    DECENT REVIEW. Check it out.
    The Gun Zone -- Smith & Wesson 3913NL

Quote Originally Posted by Datsun40146 View Post
    Anyway, the manly part of me has a problem with the "ladysmith" part but I'm a sucker for that sloped dustcover on that model thus the NL is the perfect solution but its rare :( and therefore expensive. I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay that ammount yet but its the only one the market. As far as getting togther, I'll be at KPDL next weekend with my brother.

Yep, I'll be there! Probably with my Sig 226, but perhaps I'll bring a new acquisition -- a P220 Carry. Who knows, I may even have a new 3913ls by then! lol!

I have a 3913 LS that I picked up a couple months ago. It's a nice, compact 9mm. It has functioned perfectly and seems like a fine pistol. It is light, thin, accurate, and aesthetically appealing. The only downside I have noticed, is that holster selection seems more limited with the LS/NL versions due to the sloped dust cover.

Despite being a nice pistol, I've decided it doesn't really fit into my collection. I already have multiple single stack 9s and I'm interested in trading or selling it. I currently have it listed on another forum and my post count was too low to list it here anyway. If you're still looking for one, feel free to contact me via pm or e-mail.

I had a model 39 in the 80's nice compact pistol, good feel with the grip, wasn't very accurate after 5 yards. Picked up a 909 about six months ago, have different types of ammo, no problems. It is actually more accurate than the model 39. I'd see if you can shoot the pistol before purchasing.

Distinguished Member
    Five years ago, as a newbie, I bought a 3913 for change from CDNN. Sold it for change a month later "cause I wanted something new..." Sigh...
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I know this is an old post, but I am looking for one of these. Has anyone upgraded by now and want to sell their 3913? I can't find one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links