Taurus Millenium Pro .45 ACP

This is a discussion on Taurus Millenium Pro .45 ACP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from the gun shop. I saw a Taurus Millenium Pro in .45 and that voice inside my head said "Buy me." ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Taurus Millenium Pro .45 ACP

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Taurus Millenium Pro .45 ACP

I just got back from the gun shop. I saw a Taurus Millenium Pro in .45 and that voice inside my head said "Buy me." Anyway the price was $325 and it looked very concealable and felt good in my hand. I didn't buy it YET. What do you guys think about these pistols. Are they any good? How do well do they shoot? I have never owned a Taurus before. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    i have a pre pro model in .45 and i like it , nice little carry gun that seems so far ( under 500 rounds on my watch ) reliable . it shoots fine at realistic ranges ( under 25 yards ) tho its no target pistol . Seems to be an economical , reliable little piece once you discount the cheezy sights held on by what looks like glasses screws thoes i am not wild about but have not had any problems with them yet

I have a one and think it's highly under rated. Ten rounds of 45acp and it's roughly the same size as a Glock 26. In fact, I carry mine in a Galco horsehide pocket holster made for a G26.
    Mine has been 100% reliable since day one. I use it as my "travel gun". If the airline loses my bag I'm out a few hundred but it beats losing a $500 + weapon. Also, since the mags hold ten rounds max so it's legal in states that still have hicap mag bans.

Lead Moderator
    My experience. I had a PT 140 , not the pro. Not sure if it makes a diffrence. My PT Kb'ed on me. The factory did replace the frame(cracked down both sides) for the cost of shipping. No reason or explaination was given. I lost faith in it and traded for a 1911. (And I trust polymer framed guns).
    1. i don't know if i happened to have a bad gun
    2. the frame was a first run and weak(have heard rumnors of this)
    3. or the round was over charged.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

The first Milleniums had a propensity for developing cracks in the frames. With the introduction of the Millenium Pro, Taurus has fixed that problem. If the one you are looking at has the little integrated weaver rail on the frame then it is the 3rd generation and should be just fine. I have not seen nor heard of any cracking problems in the Pros. I picked one up and have been breaking it in getting ready to put 300-500+ rounds from different mfg. through it next weekend. If it has any problems I'll be sure and let you know. With that being said, I do not anticipate any issues and am looking forward to having this weapon around for a long time. Oh yeah, and $325 is a reasonable price around here. Holsters are in short supply for the 3rd generation, but I do know that K&D Holsters has a Gen. 3 that Kevin can mold his holsters off of for you.
    Thanks,

Will

"A gun is a tool, Marion, no better or no worse than any other tool, an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." -- Shane

Taurus PT145

I recently converted fm my 24/7 .40S&W to the PT145. I love having 11 rds of hardhitting .45 on tap in such a small pkg 6in long,5 3/4in hi, little over 1in wide, & 3.3in barrel. Mine has not had any issues after over 1.5k rounds thru it (1st 300 were w/o cleaning or care). It is now my primary CCW. When a friend let me try it once I liked the feel of it. Shoots well at SD intended ranges 3-15yds. I've found that the "long" trigger pull gets alot smoother the more you fire it. Hope this helps...
    "Stay Alert, Stay Alive"

I saw a couple in a shop the other day,
    both were priced at $299.00.I liked
    the way they felt.But the way the
    sights are held on plus the manual
    safety on a D/A pistol turned me off.

One of the finest pistols on the market. Mine has over 3000 rounds through it and has never given me any problems. It is really accurate for such a short barrel and double tapps are really easy to perform.
    If I had it to do over again, I'd buy two, one for me and the other for me!!!!!
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Has anyone tried the 745? I haven't been able to compare it to the 145 as far as width goes. I think it only holds 6-7. Just curious.

I just got a PT-145 -I got if for 250.00
    My son work's in a pawn shop, and lets me know when the good deals come in.
    He sold it NIB to a guy that shot it twice ,and did not like the trigger.
    So lucky dad has a new tarurus.

where did u find it for that price ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I just got back from the gun shop. I saw a Taurus Millenium Pro in .45 and that voice inside my head said "Buy me." Anyway the price was $325 and it looked very concealable and felt good in my hand. I didn't buy it YET. What do you guys think about these pistols. Are they any good? How do well do they shoot? I have never owned a Taurus before. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    I am looking to buy one where did you get it?

Mine is 100% reliable with countless rounds through it. There are a few different hollow points it does not like to eat though.

drw
    I like mine, but I do like my xd better. although it might be apples to oranges, my xd is a 9mm.

I bought my sister the Millennium Pro 9mm after her house was broke into, that was 4 years ago, she go's with me once a month and puts 200 rounds down range. Haven't had one hiccup, no issues at all. I bought another one last year for her boss, and she loves it.. It's not the .45 but I'm sold if I ever want or need a sub 400$ pistol.. I have a Shield in the 9mm on lay a way.. Can't wait to see if it performs just as well.. And only paid 379$!

The PT145 is a good value gun. Great price, great reliablity, good accuracy for a short barrel gun. 10 + 1 rounds of .45 ACP is very potent in a small package.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links