Ruger LCP: Shortage or not?

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP: Shortage or not? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a gun dealer tell me just yesterday that he has a waiting list of about 20 people wanting the LCP. Today at the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP: Shortage or not?

I had a gun dealer tell me just yesterday that he has a waiting list of about 20 people wanting the LCP. Today at the gun show, I saw at least 15 of them brand new.

So what gives?

(I'm not personally interested at this time for myself, just curious)
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

The guys who sell 'em at a fair price tend to have a hard time keepin' 'em. The clowns that want way over retail always have 'em available. The joke of a gunstore in my town has two in stock. Yours for only $499 each. Same store sells Hi-Point .45's for $299.

Around here, I'm starting to see them advertised. Must mean supply is starting to keep up.
    Each of us has a natural right, from God, to defend his person, his liberty, and his property.

Frederic Bastiat

I got mine for $271 + $20 S/H from thegunsource.com, but I had to wait eight months for it on backorder. I didn't want it enough to pay outrageously marked up prices.

I had to wait about ten weeks for mine, earlier this year. Paid about $300 each, one for me and one for girlfriend. So far it's my favorite - goes everywhere with me. And maybe I'm a freak, but I do enjoy shooting it. Most people seem to hate shooting it.

VIP Member
    I see them around here for $349. Academy sports has them in stock all the time...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Had an opportunity to put a deposit/pay for one today at local gun shop..Due in in about two weeks...$335 plus tax....I think I may go back the first of the week and if it's still available, just pay for it and wait for it to come in. SIGH!!

I also looked at/held a Micro Desert Eagle. What a sweet lil pocket pistol. But at $535, I think I'll go with the LCP. JMHO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

My local shop also has one in the case for $349. They're starting to show up more often now.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

One of the major Connecticut dealers had them on sale two weeks ago for $249! They sold a bunch of them!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

not at all !! I almost bought one from gunbroker at $249 or $259 can't remember (plus probably $20 shipping and the credit card adder which I avoid by sending money orders). I wanted a corrosion resistant finish so I opted for the P-3AT in chrome for $290 shipped.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Saw one at the store just yesterday for $319 + tax. Good little pistol for a good price IMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I just got back from a small gun show locally. 150 tables. There was probably a dozen or so LCP's at around $315 average. More LCP's than Kel-Tec P3AT's.

Seems like everyone had at least 3 or 4 Taurus "The Judge", and Taurus seemed to be a prevalent brand of pistols at this show.

I was in the market for a Benchmade Stryker or Rift folding knife. There was only one Benchmade knife in the whole building. Obviously not the one I was looking for.

I spent $5 admission and $5 on some cleaning patches. Ammo was so-so.

I was going to stop on my way out and get some more Hornady TAP .223 defensive rounds for the AR-15 but I forgot. They were going for $20/box. I've got about 100 rounds so it wasn't a critical oversight. They only had one box of 9mm 115 gr. Critical Defense so I let it go since I couldn't get more than one box. Right now I have Speer Gold Dots in my XD9sc so I wasn't lacking for a decent round in my gun.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

I paid $260 + tax.

$260 + sounds like a great deal...hopefully I can find a deal like that in SC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links