Taurus 709 "Slim" - Pt 2

This is a discussion on Taurus 709 "Slim" - Pt 2 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, some of you may remember my thread about the 'Ol Lady picking up a 709. Well, finally got a chance to head to the ...

Thread: Taurus 709 "Slim" - Pt 2

Taurus 709 "Slim" - Pt 2

Well, some of you may remember my thread about the 'Ol Lady picking up a 709. Well, finally got a chance to head to the range and try 'er out.

We ran about 150 rounds of crummy Brown Bear ammo through it, and had not a single FTF or FTE. Nothing whatsoever. The pistol is a little snappy, but nothing more than you would expect from a pistol of similar weight.

We then ran a box of Hornady Critical Defense through it, and it fed with no problems at all.

Accuracy was pretty good. Great groupings at 15 feet . . . was able to keep good groups firing rapidly, and all in the black.

Personally, I like it so much that I ran to the store and threw one on layaway . . . I'll be back to pick it up on Tuesday morning! I'll be putting mine through the paces as well.

I dig it!

2. Remove Ads

Is it small enough for pocket carry?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Glad to hear the pistol's running like it should for ya. I'd put another couple hundred rounds through it, but that's just me. I saw one yesterday and finally got to check it out up close. I think the quality looks good and I'll probably add one sometime next year. I try never to purchase first gen anything, to many quirky things to work through in my experiance.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Is it small enough for pocket carry?
    I got one a few weeks ago and have shot about 75 rounds through it. I tried some Winchester White Box FMJ, some Fiocchi FMJ and JHP, and some Federal Hydra-Shoks and all worked perfectly. I hope to put another 125 or so rounds through it tomorrow.

I carry my Slim in the left front pocket of my Dockers with no difficulty. I don't have a holster yet, but I have one on order from UBG ans will be posting pics of the combo when I get the holster in.

Links