Best deep conceal firearm for EDC, help please

This is a discussion on Best deep conceal firearm for EDC, help please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to be entering an environment as part of my occupation in the next few months that will require me to be armed. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best deep conceal firearm for EDC, help please

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania

Best deep conceal firearm for EDC, help please

I'm going to be entering an environment as part of my occupation in the next few months that will require me to be armed.
    I only own full size firearms and these are absolutely not an option.

What I'm looking for is, preferably something in 9mm because thats what my normal carry weapon is, but I'm open to carrying a .45 as well, not a fan of .40.

Preferably a semi-auto, as my friend let me try out his deep conceal, which is a .38spl sw 642. I can't say I'm a great fan of revolvers but if thats my only option so be it, for under 400 you can get one of these brand new.

I need something I can carry on a daily basis and it is imperative my gun never be seen or I would face life altering consequences that I may never recover from.

I would likely be carrying IWB or pocket carry.

2. Remove Ads

Only thing I can think is your going undercover,the ruger LCP Or Keltec PF9 in a pocket holster or smartcarry,the pf9 is 9mm the LCP is 380
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If you don't want to go below a 9mm and I wouldn't either.
    I like Kel Tec's and have the PF9 9mm, it has a single stack 7rd mag and light weight, reliable and +P rated. I also own the P11 9mm, 10rd double stack mag, also +P rated. It is a little heavier and thicker than the PF 9. I've carried both in a smart carry, IBW, and a 5.11 Holster undershirt, and prefer IWB, but that's a personal preference. I'm not a fan of pocket or ankle carry. I've never had any malfunctions with either weapon( a couple hundred rnds of hardball was recommend as a good break in for them. They are also a breeze to strip for cleaning. As far as JHP's, I like Reminington, but have shot a few other brands, including CorBon +P's, with no problem.
    "Train Hard & Train Often"

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Kahr is probably your best bet for a pocket carry 9x19 pistol. The Walther PPS might be small enough for pocket carry but I am not sure. There are ways to deep conceal larger pistols using belly bands and the Smart Carry system. The Glock 26 and Smart Carry might be a good deep conceal set up too, but I have never tried it myself.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Post G26 & Smart Carry

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    The Glock 26 and Smart Carry might be a good deep conceal set up too, but I have never tried it myself.
    I carry a G26 in a Smart Carry holster 5 days a week. I highly recommend both the G26 & Smart Carry.

Smart carry works quite well once your find the "right" spot. This applies to any handgun you carry in SC. My G26 is the first glock I've bought. I will be buying another Glock or two in the future.

I highly recommend the G26 & SC.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    I'm going to be entering an environment as part of my occupation in the next few months that will require me to be armed. ...
    I need something I can carry on a daily basis and it is imperative my gun never be seen or I would face life altering consequences that I may never recover from.
    I would likely be carrying IWB or pocket carry.
    There are oodles of small guns out there , but judging by your tone you will need more than that to ensure your safety. Even small guns can bulge or print if your clothing choice is wrong.

And even if no one sees your gun you also need to ensure that physical
    contact doesn't reveal it should you be in close quarters.

Volumes have been written on this subject but here's a brief introductory
    article...... Undercover Guns

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I have a Kahr PM9 that I carry 95% of the time as my edc in my left front pocket in a kydex pocket holster.....I have a LCP that I carry in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster that is also good but the Kydex type are thinner yet. I am not saying to go with a LCP or a 380, just making the distinction between thinner kydex holsters for better concealment.

I have tried pocket carrying a Glock 26 in the same fashion but it is just too thick for me.....can be done in cargo shorts or similar but not really in jeans.

Here it is next to holster:

And in Holster:
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Kahr may be best for your use

I think your best bet is a polymer Kahr PM9 in the pocket, or a steel Kahr MK9 inside the waistband with the shirt tucked over it or worn outside the belt. I use the second alternative in your situation, with a Comp-Tac 2 O'clock appendix carry holster. It doesn't show at all with the right clothes, is very small, and gives you 6+1 rounds of 9mm. You can carry a spare mag in the weak side pocket. The draw is also very fast from the appendix position.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

my two cents

The two concealed holsters I like are the smart carry ( The people at the company were EASY to work with) that I carry either a S&W 459, Sig 239or a KAHR CW40 in. The other holster I use quite frequently is a Galco SYOPS for either the Sig or KAHR.

You should look at the Kahr's, good sub compacts and good quality too. The PM or CW series are polymers and light weight for all day carry. I have the CW9 and would recomend it to anyone, great pistol for $400 and change. Good luck.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

The Kahr is hard to beat as a single stack deep cover gun. I personally carry n my pocket a S&W 340 in .357 mag. It is a snappy recoil gun but it will get the job done. I do like the Kahr PM9 a lot. Thats probably where you should look.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I'm a big Walther PPS fan for EDC. German innovation and build quality. Only .91 inches thin. About as thick as a deck of playing cards. Mine are flawless and digest all the ammo I feed them. So thin you almost forget you are carrying.

I would strongly urge that the OP take a strong look at the Smart Carry system before any choice about a firearm is made. The majority of the suggestions made herein pretty much all specified some small guns e.g. G26, and a variety of Kahr's. But, with the SC, one can most assuredly open up to other, larger, guns and carry them just as well as the "mouse gun" options. Personally, I have carried a full size 1911, and an XD45 with no problems.

Using the SC will open up gun choices to you that you might want to make as opposed to just the smaller guns. FWIW!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

9mm mouse gun? I would say the mouse gun category doesn't apply to anything 9mm or above. The SC is a good option, but I don't think it lends itself to a very quick draw setup, IMO. I don't have one so I can't really say for sure, JMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Having carried Kel Tec PF9 in pocket holster Uncle Mike #4 and ankle carry Galico Cop series cab2m, can say PF9 is almost to large for my taste for really deep concealment Don't know how it would work with IWB tuck holster. Kel Tec website has tuckable holster for under 20.00 dollars have not used them and do not know the quality. For deep carry consider the Kel Tec P3AT While it is only 380acp it is much easier to conceal. Both my Kel Tecs are very dependable and P3AT fit ankle holster very well with much less chance to print. Use Uncle Mikes #2 for pocket carry but to make it really work right had to add 1/2 filler to bottom of holster. Hope this was some help and very best to you on your assignment. Come home safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links