Defensive Carry banner

My New Kimber

3K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  xsigma40cal 
#1 · (Edited)
My Glock 19 has never had a hiccup, but it was starting to bore me. My S&W 642 with CT grips is a superb carry gun for the summer time--pocket or IWB and that thing just disappears, even under tight T-shirt. But, I've coveted the Ultra Covert II since the first time I saw it in a magazine going on 2 years ago. Finally, she is mine. :comeandgetsome:

The holster search, however, has been as painful as I knew it would be. So many nice rigs to choose from. I'm partial to leather, but it seems that the vast majority of makers have at least a 2 month wait, with most being over 6 months. This post will be followed by a WTB thread in the sales forum.:embarassed:
Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: Hmmm. Seems like I can't post a WTB holster thread in the sales forum. Well, if anyone knows somebody that is trying to move a quality holster that will fit this, shoot me a PM.

See less See more
#2 ·
She's a beauty, almost a crime to hide it in a holster:smile:

#3 ·
Congratulations. Nice looking shooter.

As far as a holster, I have a Brigade Gunleather OWB that I have for sale in a thread on the Buy/SellTrade forum. It was for a Para WartHog but since the only difference is in the thickness of the grip which doesn't go into the holster anyway, I can't see any reason it would fit. If you were interested and it didn't work, I'd be happy to refund your money (minus actual shipping costs). Since the mag holder wouldn't do you any good since it's for a double-stack mag, I'd sell the holster only for $90.00 shipped to lower 48. I'll be out of town for a week starting tomorrow so wouldn't be able to ship until I get back, but let me know if you're interested.

Hoss

#4 ·
:congrats: welcome to the Kimber club :comeandgetsome:
Very nice looking pistol, iam sure you'll be pleased with it. Looks like it the same as my EDC only different color obviously :yup:
Just a note for you if its a brand new one & it starts having FTF's early on, look at the "slide stop" for brass marks & if you see them call Kimber & tell them you need a "modified" slide stop. Its FREE & should correct the issue completely. Both of my new Kimber's needed them, good luck & enjoy :bier:

Link below shows my 2 Kimbers:
http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...04-finally-my-new-kimber-eclipse-arrives.html

P.S.. As for holster's check Kimbers web-site they have some nice one's that are available for shipping most of the time. I have the "concealable owb" thats real nice & i also bought a "broomeland max con v" from someone on this forum that carries well too.....good luck

#6 ·
Beautiful... going to find your WTB thread. I have a couple of options for you.

#9 ·
Although I prefer full size 1911s that is one nice looking piece, also cool they come with CT laser grips!

#12 ·
I have been drooling over that Kimber for the past few weeks (via kimberamerica.com.)

Enough said.

#13 ·
The holster search, however, has been as painful as I knew it would be. So many nice rigs to choose from. I'm partial to leather, but it seems that the vast majority of makers have at least a 2 month wait, with most being over 6 months.
Since this is a 1911 pattern gun, there are several respectable holster manufacturers out there with a selection of off-the-shelf models you can have in pretty short order. These include DeSantis, Galco, and Mitch Rosen's "Ready To Ship" line - and there are others, I'm sure.

I'm partial to leather myself, and am happy that over the years I've acquired great hand-built products from Milt Sparks and Horseshoe Leather.

#16 ·
Very nice!! And made in Yonkers,New York too! The funny thing is the good guys who live in Yonkers would have a HARD time buying a pistol made in their own city!! Now you know why I've been in Red State Georgia since 8/06!!:smile:

#20 ·
Welcome to the Kimber club. I hope you enjoy shooting yours as much as I do mine (5" Custom CDP II).

#22 ·
Here are some holster suggestions:

If a Milt Sparks VMII is what you want try Lighting Arms and Top Gun Supply they have some stock for the most popular gun models which certainly include 4" 1911s. I ordered one a long time ago for my P226 and had it in 4 days. No direspect to the VMII but I rather have the T&T Gunleather version but it takes 16 weeks.

Other quick fixes not mentioned are Don Hume from Gunners Alley a very nice leather OWB pancake for $46.

#24 ·
Nate (UBG) is building me a holster, and it should be ready in fairly short order. I've had two other Canutes, and I've been happy with them. Good pricing, good quality, and good turnaround all make for a good experience.

Plus, I like supporting a fellow Jarhead. :usa:

That being said, I'm still looking at a few members' rigs to tide me over until it gets here.

#25 ·
ooohh...aint she perrty!?!? My favorite model for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.