Defensive Carry banner

Kimber 10K milestone

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  adaman04 
#1 ·
Well here it is, The Baby Kimber fired its ten thousandth round today. Still as accurate as when new, still running the factory springs. It is showing no signs of wear on the frame. Backing up Kimber’s claim, of no frame wear after 10,000 rounds. This is my EDC, and in those 10,000 rounds I have only had 4 FTF and all were due to improper case crimp. I would recommend a Kimber to any one, with pure faith in its performance. :yup::yup:

See less See more
#2 ·
10,000 is a milestone. But you're making me feel like a slacker, I've only put about 3500 through my Kimber since January:blink:

#6 ·
I've owned three Kimbers, and have been completely satisfied with all of them. No reliability problems whatsoever.

#7 ·
Wow! ten thousand rounds.....

My main spring assembly broke apart at 1800 rounds. I believe this is near the change interval recomendation? I would not run over two thousand before a change on mine.
I am curious as to how often others change their springs or assemblys in their ultra models?

#9 ·
I changed the first one at 1200 rounds. Still using the second one, but I can tell by the way it fires that I'm due for another new spring.
Most people I have talked to say around 1200-1500 rounds is a good average of how often they should be changed.
I do notice the slide doesn't return as quickly and smoothly when the spring is ready to be replaced.

#8 ·
Congrats on the 10K milestone. That's a lot of bullets to keep perfect count of.. I guess a good one is a good one.

Wish I could say the same for the two I've owned. My first was swapped under warranty and the second was soon restricted to range use then sold. IMO it just wasn't reliable enough to carry.

#10 ·
Yup still running on the factory springs. I have no reasonable explanation for this; the slide still slams home with authority. However keep in mind all 10k rounds were hand cast, hand loads with 4.6 grains bullseye. and I lube the guide rod and springs very heavy. ya the last shot was a flyer, think I got excited cuz I knew it was the 10k round. Here are some fun statistics on this… This Kimber has consumed 2 bottles of hoppies #9, 1 large can of Winchester gun lube, 10,000 large pistol primers, 6 bottles of Alox, 1 pound of baby powder,6.57 pounds of Bullseye powder, and 328.57 pounds of lead (wheel weights) and countless hours reloading and shooting… as to the finish on the gun the picture makes it look a little better then it is, but still pretty good. It rides in a minotaur M-tac, that has rubbed the finish off on the slide and frame near the muzzle. I thought maybe posting this would give the rest of you something to shoot for…literately… :rofl:

#12 ·
Here are some fun statistics on this… This Kimber has consumed 2 bottles of hoppies #9, 1 large can of Winchester gun lube, 10,000 large pistol primers, 6 bottles of Alox, 1 pound of baby powder, 6.57 pounds of Bullseye powder, and 328.57 pounds of lead (wheel weights) and countless hours reloading and shooting…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.