Kimber 10K milestone

This is a discussion on Kimber 10K milestone within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well here it is, The Baby Kimber fired its ten thousandth round today. Still as accurate as when new, still running the factory springs. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber 10K milestone

Kimber 10K milestone

Well here it is, The Baby Kimber fired its ten thousandth round today. Still as accurate as when new, still running the factory springs. It is showing no signs of wear on the frame. Backing up Kimber’s claim, of no frame wear after 10,000 rounds. This is my EDC, and in those 10,000 rounds I have only had 4 FTF and all were due to improper case crimp. I would recommend a Kimber to any one, with pure faith in its performance.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    10,000 is a milestone. But you're making me feel like a slacker, I've only put about 3500 through my Kimber since January
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

No new springs?
    10,000 rounds and no new springs?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Pistol looks damn good for an EDC and 10K rounds. What holster you using?
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

that is impressive, the bad thing is that on your 10,000th shot, you missed your target.....LOL really thoug that says alot about your weapon

I've owned three Kimbers, and have been completely satisfied with all of them. No reliability problems whatsoever.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Wow! ten thousand rounds.....

My main spring assembly broke apart at 1800 rounds. I believe this is near the change interval recomendation? I would not run over two thousand before a change on mine.
    I am curious as to how often others change their springs or assemblys in their ultra models?

Congrats on the 10K milestone. That's a lot of bullets to keep perfect count of.. I guess a good one is a good one.

Wish I could say the same for the two I've owned. My first was swapped under warranty and the second was soon restricted to range use then sold. IMO it just wasn't reliable enough to carry.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. – Richard Henry Lee 1788

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Wow! ten thousand rounds.....

My main spring assembly broke apart at 1800 rounds. I believe this is near the change interval recomendation? I would not run over two thousand before a change on mine.
    I am curious as to how often others change their springs or assemblys in their ultra models?
    I changed the first one at 1200 rounds. Still using the second one, but I can tell by the way it fires that I'm due for another new spring.
    Most people I have talked to say around 1200-1500 rounds is a good average of how often they should be changed.
    I do notice the slide doesn't return as quickly and smoothly when the spring is ready to be replaced.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Yup still running on the factory springs. I have no reasonable explanation for this; the slide still slams home with authority. However keep in mind all 10k rounds were hand cast, hand loads with 4.6 grains bullseye. and I lube the guide rod and springs very heavy. ya the last shot was a flyer, think I got excited cuz I knew it was the 10k round. Here are some fun statistics on this… This Kimber has consumed 2 bottles of hoppies #9, 1 large can of Winchester gun lube, 10,000 large pistol primers, 6 bottles of Alox, 1 pound of baby powder,6.57 pounds of Bullseye powder, and 328.57 pounds of lead (wheel weights) and countless hours reloading and shooting… as to the finish on the gun the picture makes it look a little better then it is, but still pretty good. It rides in a minotaur M-tac, that has rubbed the finish off on the slide and frame near the muzzle. I thought maybe posting this would give the rest of you something to shoot for…literately…

oppp's double post sorry

Here are some fun statistics on this… This Kimber has consumed 2 bottles of hoppies #9, 1 large can of Winchester gun lube, 10,000 large pistol primers, 6 bottles of Alox, 1 pound of baby powder, 6.57 pounds of Bullseye powder, and 328.57 pounds of lead (wheel weights) and countless hours reloading and shooting…

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    While your gun may be functioning with those old springs, just think of the pounding it's taking and how this is shortening it's usable life. I would change them at regular intervals
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

WOW! what can I say but Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    While your gun may be functioning with those old springs, just think of the pounding it's taking and how this is shortening it's usable life. I would change them at regular intervals
    I dont think its pounding the gun in anyway, However taking your advice I ordered a new set of springs today. I was gonna let them break to see how long they would last. I also loaded up another 500 rounds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links