Glock triggers and accuracy

This is a discussion on Glock triggers and accuracy within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From time to time, folks post that Glocks are not accurate, or that they have "terrible" triggers. I don't claim to be a good shot, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock triggers and accuracy

Glock triggers and accuracy

From time to time, folks post that Glocks are not accurate, or that they have "terrible" triggers. I don't claim to be a good shot, but I've always felt Glocks were accurate enough - more accurate than the average shooter. As far as the trigger - once you are used to it, it becomes what you are used to! I like it. Mine is stock.

This is 15 rounds from a stock Glock 19, at 7 yards, slow fire. The grid lines on the target are 1 inch apart.
    Attached Images
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

Thanks; that helps me some with my questions from my range trip the other day (different thread).

VIP Member
    10thmtn,

That's good enough to give some one a bad day!

I also think that the GLOCK trigger is under-rated. In my mind, when I think of the differences in trigger pulls, I actually compare it to a heavy single-action. In fact I have a new Colt that feels a little heavier (it isn't, but it feels that way).

Good shooting and continue to enjoy your GLOCK!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    10thmtn,

That's good enough to give some one a bad day!

I also think that the GLOCK trigger is under-rated. In my mind, when I think of the differences in trigger pulls, I actually compare it to a heavy single-action. In fact I have a new Colt that feels a little heavier (it isn't, but it feels that way).

Good shooting and continue to enjoy your GLOCK!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The Glock trigger is unique for sure. If you can learn the trigger reset you can get fast and accurate follow up shots.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I have never had a problem with the trigger on my Glocks. I like them fine, mine are all stock as well. I have only ever had a problem with the grip angle and feel of the Glock grip. I find the XD grip a much better fit for me, but I do not like the XD trigger as much as the Glock's.

If I could just have an XD with a Glock trigger, then I'd really have something I could love. Sigh....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Now do that at 25 yards and you will be a master, grasshopper....

But seriously, good shooting. I personally have never had a problem with any Glock trigger, as long as it is consistent and repeatable. After that, it is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE that makes perfect......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I have found that most of the time someone badmouths a particular gun, it is becaues they can't shoot it well. Maybe it doesn't fit their hand, maybe their eyes don't like the sights, maybe they aren't used to the trigger.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I love my Glock-36...getting to like it more than my 1911's (Did I say that?)

Nice target...using the same center holes like that helps save on targets, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GREAT SHOOTING Looks like .95"
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    The Glock trigger is unique for sure. If you can learn the trigger reset you can get fast and accurate follow up shots.
    That's the best way to do it in my opinion. I've been a stock Glock fan for over ten years. I swear by Glocks. I learned some over the years, and I continue to learn through various sources including here. I've recently installed OEM 3.5# connectors/NY1 trigger springs in the two Glocks I and my wife use for USPSA sanctioned Steel Challenge matches.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Most modern handguns are more accurate than the people shooting them. Very few shooters can get the most out of the gun. A handgun with combat accuracy like the Glock is more than enough for most shooters unless you are target shooting for competition. If you find a gun is not shooting well for you, you likely need to work on your shooting skills with that gun, its usually operator error in most cases.

Good shooting in this case by the way!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I love my glocks. But anything can be improved. I recently added the 3.5 connectors and buffed out the critical areas, what some call the ".25 trigger job."
    The trigger does feel nicer now.

The video: "Making glocks rock" is a very well done instructional video that explains in great detail small things that you can do yourself to fine tune a glock.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    From time to time, folks post that Glocks are not accurate, or that they have "terrible" triggers. I don't claim to be a good shot, but I've always felt Glocks were accurate enough - more accurate than the average shooter. As far as the trigger - once you are used to it, it becomes what you are used to! I like it. Mine is stock.

This is 15 rounds from a stock Glock 19, at 7 yards, slow fire. The grid lines on the target are 1 inch apart.
    Nice shooting!!!
    Some people swear by a Glock, others(like me) swear at them.
    Give me a revolver with a nice heavy steel frame anyday. I can't hit the broadside of a barn with a Glock but my little S&W Model 29 put all 6 in this group at 21 feet firing Magnum ammo in single action.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I love my glocks. But anything can be improved. I recently added the 3.5 connectors and buffed out the critical areas, what some call the ".25 trigger job." The trigger does feel nicer now.
    Glockworx do a full drop in kit called the Fulcrum for around $200US, apprently makes one heck of a sweet trigger on the glock

Perhaps a little light for SD use at sub 2 pound pull weight but as with all guns, the primary safety is the trigger and shouldnt be touched unless you intend to fire.

My Glock is used for competition shooting and has a 2 pound pull, but I wouldnt see any issue with it being a SD gun (the police might, hence why its locked up at night).
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links