My Glock 34 Project

My Glock 34 Project

This is a discussion on My Glock 34 Project within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I sold my 1911 (Para Ordnance 18-9) a couple months ago, and recently acquired Glock #2 ( a stock standard G34). And proceeded to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Glock 34 Project

My Glock 34 Project

Well I sold my 1911 (Para Ordnance 18-9) a couple months ago, and recently acquired Glock #2 ( a stock standard G34).

And proceeded to "improve it" with some goodies from GlockWorx USA, Dawson and some home job mods.

- ZEV Race Connector
    - ZEV Competition Spring Kit
    - ZEV Bronze Guide Rod
    - 13# ISMI Recoil Spring
    - Houge Handall
    - Dawson ICE Magwell
    - Dawson Perfect Impact fiber optic sights
    - The famous glock 25 cent trigger job
    - Some barrel polishing and other bits for a bit of bling

Final pull weight is around 2 pounds, with a very short reset. The gun is way more accurate than me, but some quick testing on the weekend go tme 2-3" groups at 15 yards.

My G19 inherited all the G34 left overs and now shoots alot better with adjustable sights and 3.5# connector coupled with the 25 cent trigger job.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing

VIP Member
    I'm not a glock man meself, but I like this one.

Thats a dandy gun...I love the longer slide Glocks
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Nice It looks great.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Now that's a Glock for the wish list. Very nice.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    nice looking unit congrats
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

NICE G34! Very well done. Now order a KKM barrel & really tighten-up your groups.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

What is the purpose of all those additions to a Glock pistol?

I mean...you bought it for reliability, and now you've taken it out of stock configuration...

Other than the sights, what did it really need?

What are the laws like there in NZ? Can you carry a handgun? Only home defense? Or is it locked up at the shooting club? (This is obviously a target/fun gun - way to big for concealed carry)

Just curious...too bad the old English Right to Bear Arms was never codified into law in the former British Empire the way it was over here in our Constitution...harder to change an Amendment that just a "law"
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    What is the purpose of all those additions to a Glock pistol?

I mean...you bought it for reliability, and now you've taken it out of stock configuration...

Other than the sights, what did it really need?
    Awesome! Surely that's a dedicated match Glock pistol. I don't think carrying here in the USA with something like that would be a good idea. I think you would do well with it in competition if that's what you're aiming for. If I wanted a dedicated race gun for USPSA, this would be the one, just how you've done it. Good luck with it, and at least you have a firm foundation for it's intended purpose.............Glock!

Thanks for the comments everyone, yep its been built for IPSC Standard Classs, as of july the G34 isnt able to be used in production.

Since its going to be up against STI, SVI, and Modded SP01 I thought it better be treated to some trick sights, nice trigger work and have some weight added to the right places.

NICE G34! Very well done. Now order a KKM barrel & really tighten-up your groups.
    Apprently the Glock Barrels are pretty good, ive heard aftermarket are only marginally better and are more fussy on ammo.

In regards to our laws Here in NZ we are allowed to store out pistols at home in approved safe, only allowed to use on a shooting range and have to be a member of a pistol club with minimum attendance of 12 shoots per year.

As for self defence people have used pistols, rifles and shotguns, in 99% of cases the police will try to take the victim to court on firearms charges but a jury will often find in favour of the victim (after the victim spends $30K in legal costs).

Although our law says we are entitlted to use reasonable force as we see fit to defend ourselves (with firearms not mentioned but certainly not excluded), we are forced to breach the arms code laws to do so. In my case

- Discharging a b cat weapon (Pistol) outside of an approved range
    - Not storing my pistol in accordance with my licence endorsement

Becuase we have whats called "case law" the police try everyone in the blind hope for a conviction that can be used a precedence for future cases. In their view only they should have access to firearms for self defence and the defence of others.

Thank goodness we have people with common sense who are on the firearms owners side and looking to get the self defense rules changed for the better. Time will tell.

I would love a 34 for carry.

That sucker would suck every bit of potential out of a load in terms of velocity, give a longer sight radius and be controllable as all hell.

Big Dot sights.
    +2 factory baseplates.
    Mitch Rosen Workman Holster

That would get you 20 rounds on hand just in the gun, and with 2 spare mags, you'd be prepared for...just about everything a pistol can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by heylin View Post
    Thanks for the comments everyone, yep its been built for IPSC Standard Classs, as of july the G34 isnt able to be used in production.

Since its going to be up against STI, SVI, and Modded SP01 I thought it better be treated to some trick sights, nice trigger work and have some weight added to the right places.

Apprently the Glock Barrels are pretty good, ive heard aftermarket are only marginally better and are more fussy on ammo.
    Great! Sounds like you'll want all the extras you can afford in this ordeal. IPSC would be 'open' class here with the mods you've done. USPSA doesn't post a minimum trigger pull weight so long as the pistol is not unsafe. I've been reading up on the lighter recoil springs for competition here, and all I compete with are my carry pistols (Glock), and I would want to be able to switch any parts easily back and forth. By the way...I think ISMI has come out with a nice 11# spring that seems to be working well. I figure you've got one smokin' hot Glock 'out of the box' here, and I'll give you my best wishes on the next match with it. Keep us posted!

Thanks RamRod fro the wishes :) Im certainly looking forward to seeing what it can do on the circuit.

IPSC would be 'open' class here with the mods you've done
    ?? hmmm I thought the difference between standard and open was things like compensator, barrel porting and optics ?

Are trigger connectors and springs not valid in standard class ?

Quote Originally Posted by heylin View Post
    Thanks RamRod fro the wishes :) I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what it can do on the circuit.

?? hmmm I thought the difference between standard and open was things like compensator, barrel porting and optics ?

Are trigger connectors and springs not valid in standard class ?
    Standard here would be 'production' class to my thinking. Open allows barrel ports and slide ports as well as optic sights, production does not. Slide ports are permitted for limited division, but magazine capacity is 'limited' to ten rounds, etc.
    Know what? If you would like a copy of the USPSA handgun competition rules as of January 2008 (the most recent copy) which defines everything, I'll be glad to send you one of my most prized copies, and you can use it any way you'd like. Call it a foreign exchange of sorts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links