Defensive Carry banner

Spouse with gun

4K views 43 replies 37 participants last post by  oneshot 
#1 ·
My wife has her CHL and carries all the time she regularly out shoots me at the range and enjoys running her 20 gage Moseburge 500 and Ruger 10/22. Most of all she enjoys shooting her handgun. My question is how many of you on forum have a spouse or close family member that really enjoys shoots with you and you believe you could count on in times of real trouble?

#3 ·
I absolutely can count on my wife! She is an CHL holder as well and she too out shoots me on occassion..........Okay most of the time!

I think she may even be a certified gun nut like myself now. She has been wanting to go to the gun shop alot lately.:hand10:

#44 ·
Better make sure she don't got no boyfriend down at the gun shop!!

Just Spoofin'!!

WASHINGTON DID’NT USE HIS RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH TO DEFEAT THE BRITISH, HE SHOT THEM

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

#10 ·
My wife carry's almost as religously as I do. And she's probably a beeter shot than me at times. And my daughter has been shooting real guns since she was 6 (now 10) and I affectionatly refer to her as Annie Oakly.
I would absolutely be able to count on the wife in a dire situation since she's taken a long and argeous course with me on SD shooting.
The daughter might do OK with the stress if we were in a SHTF situation at home.

#13 ·
LOL, that is the PINK one that my 4 year old wants. every time we walk by it. "daddy can you get me that pink gun?"

Got to love that girl!!

#11 ·
My fiancee..(lives with me)...is an avid hunter and shooter. She knows how to run every gun in my house. She is only 20 and will get her CCP upon her turnign 21 in May of next year. I am making her in to an unarmed but very alert sheep dog now until she can be legally armed.

#14 ·
I carry every day, hubby carries every day, Dad carries every day, daughter can't wait to be old enough to carry, and we all shoot together as often as possible.
With the exception of Dad and his schedule, the rest of us shoot at least once a week.:yup:

#15 ·
Sadly it's just me. No immediate family members, only in-laws and they're in SC. Wife doesn't like firearms and for the most part wont touch um. If there's a threat, it's up to me.:image035: I have tried to get her involved, but it's no use and I don't want to force the issue on her. I feel due to her fear of the firearm, it's best if I handle the threat alone, and let her make the phone call to the Sheriffs office. I don't need a round coming from behind unexpectedly.:blink:

#20 ·
Really?!? That holster is one my wife's father had for years. He kept his Enfield in it until it was passed on to her. Then I found an original to put it in and gave that one to my daughter. The belt is one I won at our gun club and happened to match it somewhat. But I've never seen an actual matching drop belt? You have any pics of it?

#21 ·
My question is how many of you on forum have a spouse or close family member that really enjoys shoots with you and you believe you could count on in times of real trouble?
My husband occasionally shoots with me, but so rarely that I know I wouldn't be able to rely on him to back me up with a firearm if it needed to be done.

Fortunately, I can rely on him to do the other jobs that might need to be done in an emergency, such as gathering our children to safety and calling 911. We've talked about emergency plans together fairly often, and think we've got a pretty good system worked out.

pax

#22 ·
My Georgia Peach of a wife handles her G19 like Gaston Glock's little sister, is as cool as the other side of the pillow when things get tense, and when she believes those she loves are in danger, she immediately developes all the compassion...of a Nazi Sniper. I would rather have her on my six than most men I know.

#23 ·
If it's a Family get to gether than their would be (4) LEO's & 5/6 other that CC
But arond the house I could count on my WIFE & DAUGHTER Both shoot only me & daughter CC. OH well working on wife,She can shoot any gun I got + she carries in veical ; )

#24 ·
I don't have any pictures of it, but I can take some when I get home from work.. I got this one from my dad,.. Handed down 20 years ago,.. It holsters a double nine stainless with pearl grips,.... I'll get a picture on here when I get home.. When I saw yours on your daughter, I was like.. WOW... Haven't saw one of them before.. LOL

#25 ·
First one is my Wife...who only looks harmless.:hand5:

Second is her Brother...:hand10:

The James Bond / Mobster wannabes are my Cousin and Me. (His wedding.:rofl: we had the Tuxedos on and couldn't resist)

...probly 60% of my family I'd trust in any bad situation.

Attachments

#26 ·
Working on my wife with her Glock-26...we have a ways to go. She doesn't carry much, but in our home...well I believe she would help defend.:blink:

#27 ·
My wife had her own blades and firearms before I met her. I wish she would practice shooting more often, but she is no slouch when it comes to close-range shooting, and if I were a criminal, I would NOT select her as a victim. She might not stop at merely shooting; she might collect heads and put them on sticks.

#28 ·
The only one I could count on would be my son....he's not only accurate, but he wouldn't hesitate to pull a trigger.

Other than my son......the rest of my family thinks I am crazy.

#32 ·
I can count on the wife, she's not as good of a shot, but she'll at least lay down some cover fire! :) The father in law would have his shotty if we're at home (we currently live with the inlaws) I do have one set of friends that I know would have my back and I would run to them in a SHTF scenario. I think that dude has more guns than even his girlfriend knows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.