Defensive Carry banner

I might be cured!

3K views 36 replies 35 participants last post by  Thumper 
#1 ·
Today I went to my local gun shop because they were running a sale on several models: Beretta, Ruger, Sig and one or two Glock models. I went there with every intention of buying a Ruger p345, but when I got there, I started thinking: "how much do I really need this gun?". The gun felt excellent ergonomically, solid like a Ruger, and something I'd be proud to own but I realized, I have guns for carry, and because of its size and weight, the p 345 would probably end up as a "safe queen". So reason prevailed, and I passed on it.

Does this mean I'm cured???

#5 ·
Just means you will probably spend more money on something else later and rationalize it because "hey...I didnt buy that Ruger." LOL

#15 ·
And once you get down to what you really need... You start all over again buying those guns you want... it's a vicious cycle...

#11 ·
Well.......did ya at least buy some ammo?

#13 ·
Yup, you're sick alright. Your prescription is for 3,1 hour long Obama speeches and 30 minutes of still photo therapy using Nancy Pelois. If that don't cure ya, I'm at a loss.:22a:

#30 ·
I agree with PastorPack -- if you, as a genuine gun nut, passed on the Ruger, it means there's another one out there that you really want. Don't just settle. When you see it, you'll know it!

As a guitar player, too, I know all about GAS, and feel the pull of another new Taylor, or another old National, or . . .

#18 ·
Nope just in remission

Good luck be safe

#19 ·
You could have cured yourself if you had purchased a gun...you PASSED?...you're sick.:yup::rofl:

#21 ·
I hope your wife hasn't found out about this?
If I did something like that and my husband found out, I'd be living with those nice young men wearing pretty white coats, watching the basket weavers twiddle their thumbs and toes...

#22 ·
I play guitar. On the guitar forums, there's a syndrome known as GAS. It stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome. I see no reason why it can't also cover GUN Acquisition Syndrome.

Be warned. There is no cure for GAS. Yours may have temporarily gone into remission but it can return at any time when you least expect it. It's usually triggered by an event that ties in with the former illness, an illness that you thought you had licked. It could be a thread on here about a hot new pistol model or holster, or it could even be triggered by something you see in the media or hear from someone.

The worst part is that there are no support groups. Every time someone starts one, the gun and guitar manufacturers send someone in to infiltrate the group and make sure that everyone falls back off the wagon.

All the best.

:frown:

#23 ·
As a certified "gun nut" I do relapse back into sanity now and then, but I have been on a gun a month (or more) binge for a while now! Its a Glock thing I am on now and its bad. Then there's the holsters, and night sights and on and on.......

#29 ·
SpringerXD in his reply said: I play guitar. On the guitar forums, there's a syndrome known as GAS. It stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome. I see no reason why it can't also cover GUN Acquisition Syndrome.
I am very familiar with GAS I also play guitar, and own 13 of those! When I moved to Florida, my GAS just shifted from guitars to guns since Fl. is a gun friendly state, and NY is not.

You guys are correct!! It's hopeless!! I'm weakening......I may go gun shopping again tomorrow!!!

#34 ·
If you're married and your wife found that you had passed on the Ruger, it wouldn't seem nearly as HUGE to her as it is to you and those of us afflicted with the same addiction/illness.

Go back and GET the darn thing! Hurry!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.