Sig P226R CT grips Range Report

This is a discussion on Sig P226R CT grips Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my new Sig P226R with CT grips to the range yesterday; didn't have my camera with me but will next trip, later this week. ...

Took my new Sig P226R with CT grips to the range yesterday; didn't have my camera with me but will next trip, later this week. However, I can say that I put 300 rounds down range without one single problem (it is a Sig!). Targeted the laser grips at 15 yards, as recommended. After a few rounds to get it set at point of impact, all other rounds in each mag were in a 1" group. I'm not a bad shot but that makes even me look good! Wasn't much of a problem to adjust the laser; very easy to adjust for windage or elevation using the world's smallest allen wrenches. This is my second Sig, my first being my P220ST Langdon Edition, my only safe queen (after 50 rounds). Have this feeling with the new P220 Carry coming out, it won't be my last one! Pics to follow later this week after next range trip.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Assistant Administrator
    Terry - enjoyable eh?

I did some IDPA today - swapped my carry 226 ST (with CT's) for the 228 (with CT's) to save hammering the carry piece and really just try out the 228. I was shooting a bit high - so maybe the lighter weight is having some effect - as well as old eyes and crap shooting with not enough winter practice!

After we'd done I did a rapid 15 rounds with the CT's turned on, about 7 yards I guess - light was overcast ........ haha - didn't drop a single shot from the zero area and I was going pretty quick. Wasn't hyper tight in grouping terms but hey - can we say ''kill zone''

Tho I try to avoid those being other than secondary - if distance and light level let dot show then all shots after #1 are gonna be very well placed even at speed - would be way easier too with those shooting from cover. I have not regretted getting any of my (<cough> six sets)!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I also have a set of CT's on my SP-101 2" .357, very satisfied with those, also! I'm ashamed to say it but in the future, I may have to become --- SIGMAN!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Links