Crimson Trace on Ebay

Crimson Trace on Ebay

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace on Ebay within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm interested in an LG-105 LaserGrip for my S&W 642. I can order it from the Crimson Trace website for $209 or I can order ...

Thread: Crimson Trace on Ebay

Crimson Trace on Ebay

I'm interested in an LG-105 LaserGrip for my S&W 642. I can order it from the Crimson Trace website for $209 or I can order it from an Ebay seller for $157. The Ebay seller has many sales and very good feedback, I'm just wondering if I'll be voiding a warranty or something if I buy on Ebay. Anything I should know or be careful of?

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Lots of Ebay frauds out there. Make sure it is a true Crimson Trace and not a knock off, if you can, look at the CT website to see what it says about warranty. Is this guy an authorized dealer? If not, I suspect you may have issues with warranty if it is a true CT.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Administrator
    Just pay attention to the seller feedback.
    If the feedback profile is good then go for it.
    I buy and sell on Ebay all the time and out of thousands of completed transactions - I have only ever had a few problems.

Suggestions: Pay for shipping insurance.

cj
    I've purchased a few on eBay, but all have been sellers who also tend to have storefronts, so the receipt is actually from them. I also take advantage of cashback from Microsoft's Bing search (8% back on eBay purchases at the moment, but I wait until it peaks) to bring the price down further.

So far, everything's come new in box complete with warranty card, and even got the 'free batteries for life' with my most recent (incidentally an LG-105).

If you ARE nervous about it, you can usually track down the name of the storefront by searching for the seller's store name and the prices are usually only a few dollars more than on eBay itself.

VIP Member
    I have been looking at Shooters Resource. Some on this forum have made positive comments about them. They are an authorized CT dealer. I think they are selling the LG-105 for $159.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Good info. Thanks guys.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    You don't have to buy from CT. Lots of vendors sell CT products for less than on their site. Does not effect the warranty in any way. Some don't think lasers are a benefit on handguns but If there is one handgun that the CT grips were made for its the J frames.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Administrator
    BTW: I have purchased both Laser Max & Crimson Trace on Ebay and all were complete with the mfg. warranty card.

Also BTW: If any members own a CT or a LM unit and have not filled-out/sent-in a warranty card and there is a problem with the unit being a factory defect.
    Call them & get an RA (return authorization) and chances are very good that they will repair or replace it anyway.

I have bought many items on Ebay, I would think as long as the feedback is good, and you get the insurance you will be fine.

I just purchased a GTL21 tactical light/laser combo from a seller with good ratings. I hope all goes well. Should arrive this week. I've not had trouble with any of my purchases in the past.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

I have bought and sold since 98. Heck for years, you could sell guns on eBay. but anyway.... eBay is as good or bad as the dealer. I have had more problems with buyers, than dealers. Check feedback, but remember, you can;t please everyone. Since 98, I had 3 negatives, also look for how long they have been a dealer, and check and see if the feedback is for them selling things. I could seup a eBay account, buy a ton of little items, and get a high 100% postive feedback in very little time. Most people selling on eBay are good people just trying to make a living.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Links