Defensive Carry banner

Rossi Revolver

7K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  rachilders 
#1 ·
I spotted a used Rossi 38 revolver at my local gun shopped that might just be the ticket for my wife. I was surprised at the smooth action and really like it. My only concern is quality and, after reading several posts, can't get a definitive feel for what everyone thinks. I'd like to hear from everyone and get their views. My wife doesn't shoot very often so this gun will not get a ton of use.

#4 ·
I had a .38 and never had a problem.
There good guns for the money.

#9 ·
My first "real" defensive gun was a stainless Rossi .38. Years ago.

Got a GREAT deal on it, and it was of decent quality and was reliable. Carried it in a cheap nylon Uncle Mike's. The only gun I ever had to go to in a defensive situation. {Only one shot was fired, no serious injuries}

One of my friends ended up needing a defensive firearm, and all he had was a Raven .25, so I gave him my .38 special. He still has the Rossi and swears by it.

#11 ·
I have a .357 Rossi snubbie which rides in the console of my truck. No problems whatsoever.

#12 ·
Its no snubby, but I have a Rossi stainless 6" chambered in .357 Mag, that I bought several months ago. I changed out the rubber grips with some aftermarket rosewood grips that I found on Gunbroker. Its alot of fun to shoot at the range, and quite accurate.

#15 ·
Hello everyone this is my first post and I'm very happy to find this forum.
I just picked up a Rossi firearm in the form of a 90's vintage model 68.
It is blued and sports a three inch barrel with nice wood grips and appears to have been unfired.

I had a model 10 'Smith in the past and this little revolver reminds me alot of the 'Smith.

I really like the balance and feel that it is made as well as any other make out there. I'm looking for a good holster for ccw and will, after shooting and proving this revolver, use as ccw.

This gun is as pretty as a speckled pup and I feel fortunate to have found it!:smile:

#18 ·
I've had a SS 4" Rossi .38 since the early 90's. It's been an OUTSTANDING gun, especially for the price and I'd sooner part with my S&W than the Rossi. FWIW mine is an older, non Taurus owned Rossi pistol w/o the internal security lock. I have looked at several of the newer .38 & .357 Rossi revolvers built since the company was taken over by Taurus & CO and found them to have more problems and not be as well built as the earlier guns. However, other owners swear by them so I guess it's all a matter of personal preference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.