Defensive Carry banner

S&W 6906 Finally in my Possession!

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DWill 
#1 ·
Purchased a S&W 6906 9mm 2 weeks ago. Because I live in the People's Republic of New York, I am required to amend my CCWP to include the additional firearm. Once it was approved I then took legal possession of the firearm.

I am so happy I purchased this weapon. I paid $275 and is an excellent condition for a weapon that was manufactured in 1990. It came with a 12 shot high cap magazine.

My friends, I will supply photos of my new addition. STAY TUNED!

My wife likes to shop for clothing, I like to shop for firearms!

#3 ·
The firearm must have been manufactured prior to 1994. What a stupid law our lefty politicians have proposed. I was required to call S&W to submit serial numbers and verify it was indeed a preban.

I have to say, it makes an EXCELLENT CCW firearm. It weighs 26 ozs and lots of firepower. However, most important, it is a reliable weapon. Goes BANG everytime!

#5 ·
Just when you think you've made the last purchase, I've got the itch for a S&W Chiefs Special or CS45 or CS9mm. These are smaller than the 6906. Although I have the itch, I will be taking my time to find one at the right price and condition.

As you can tell I am big fan of S&W 3rd Generation models.

Gotta love startin' a new project!

#6 ·
I have one I paid 285.00 +S&H,it is a lightweight gun that shoots well with SA/DA trigger and bobbed hammer.I saw a NIB one on gunbroker for either 600.00 or 700.00

#7 ·
Back in 2005 I had a 6906 (original owner) and sold it. Boy did I regret it...until today. Got one back! I had seen the same on Gunbroker. Too much for my price. My FFL dealer had one in his shop: price tag was $365 plus tax. It pays to shop as welll as to have patience! It's similar to wating for that one particular work of artwork. Stay safe. T

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.