Defensive Carry banner

Sig P232 Mags

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  uncballzer 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum and also the proud owner of a new P232 stainless with siglite sights. Does anybody know if the 232 mags are the same that the 230 used? I have an opportunity to pick up two mags for the 230 and would like to be sure before purchasing them. I did call Sig customer service with this question, but the rep sounded unsure and I didn't want to insult him by asking to talk to somebody else. Hopefully this was the correct place to ask this question.
Thanks in advance.

Ceapea

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.

The P230 mags are almost identical to the P232 mags and may in fact be better mags because some of the older mags have a metal follower and base plate instead of the plastic ones used now. Buy the older mags with no fear, they will work just fine. :danceban:

The P230/232 mags also are used for the more unusual .32acp chambered Sigs. A most convenient feature.

I love the little Sigs, great guns that come in different "flavors". My small collection...

#3 ·
You have a great pistol. On the Sig website, the Sig store advertises the 230/232 magazines for sale. They are hard to come by. Sometimes CDDN Sports will have them or on Gunbroker. They quit making the 230 in 1998 and started the 232. I like it because they are safer than most semi autos because of the decocker. I put mine beside a Walther PPS and they were nearly the same in size.

#4 ·
Thanks for asking this question; I didn't know that about the 230, and I've been looking for a few more for my 232 cheaper than the asking price on the sig site!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.