s&w40ve

s&w40ve

This is a discussion on s&w40ve within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; im a forty five fan but found a weapon that is lighter than my kimber mid frame was woundering if any of you more experanced ...

Thread: s&w40ve

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar

s&w40ve

im a forty five fan but found a weapon that is lighter than my kimber mid frame was woundering if any of you more experanced ccl holders have any views or if there are any shooters out there with any time with this auto also any thoughts on 40 vrs 45 would be helpfull

my wife had one of those. no malfunctions with the gun, but she just couldn't get used to the trigger.
    i tried it and i did not like the trigger at all. too long of a pull and too much effort for me.
    she ended up selling it.
    my advice is try one if you can, before you buy.
    who knows?, you might like the trigger.
    as for the caliber comparison, neither her nor i noticed any great difference recoil wise between the .40 and our springer .45's.
    that's about all we could compare because of said trigger. ymmv.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    thanks for the info i have already purchesd the 40 but i have the option of selling if i dont like it glad to find a place where i can get info from some one that has fired it thanks agine

VIP Member
    I don't know if this will help or not, but a number of folks, myself included, have found that the trigger improves the more times you fire/dry-fire. Good shooting, whatever you decide!

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have one in 9mm that I like so much I purchased one in 40 s&w.
    Unfortunately that one turned out to be a lemon and I traded it
    for a glock 17 so as you say they have bad triggers and the sigma
    does not get much range time since the glock came in the picture.

The Sigma Enhanced model, which is what you have should be a very good pistol. S&W had severe problems with the first Sigma's, but all have been corrected with the enhanced models. A lot of folks don't like the trigger on the Sigma's, but I think that is part of the design. Most say it does get smoother with shooting.

A buddy of mine has the same pistol as you and it has been a very good gun. A retired PO that I know carried an Enhanced Sigma in .40 while most of the dept. carried Glocks. He just prefered the feel of the Sigma. He is a gun shop owner and a smith. I do value his opinion of guns.

I think that for it's intended purpose, the Sigma is a very good gun at a very good price.
    CrimsonTide

Sponsored Links