B.U.G. questions

This is a discussion on B.U.G. questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I'm going to be looking for something small for backup, or for the times when I can't carry a full-size. Right now I'm leaning ...

Thread: B.U.G. questions

B.U.G. questions

Okay, I'm going to be looking for something small for backup, or for the times when I can't carry a full-size. Right now I'm leaning towards either a S&W j-frame or a Taurus of similar size. Does anybody have any experience with the small Tarus revolvers? if so, which model and what are your thoughts? I'm particularly interested in the lightweight titanium/scandium/whatevertheheckitis models

I'm open to carrying a small auto but I'm not willing to go smaller than 9x19. Any suggestions here?
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

2. Remove Ads

I have a Taurus titaniuim (cant remember the model #) 2 inch barell with the bobbed hammer in 357. It works perfectly and is a better value than the comparable S&W models. The only drawback is that you'll find a wider selections of holsters to choose from with the S&W's.
    If you've never fired a lightweight J frame in 357 be prepared for a stinging hand, those little buggers sure bite!

Well this is the Chefs special from Taurus in 38 special with five rounds. It's a great little gun. It's vary accrete within combat range and is not much bigger thin my cell phone. I just drop it in my left front pocket most of the time. I think it would be a vary good back up.
    The newer one's are made of lightweight titanium like you stated and the hammer is flush with the frame.
    Taurus makes great revolvers and at a vary reasonable price. I like them.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

i got my wife a 650 cia. not a bad gun, but not a s&w either.
    it had the concealed hammer. the only problem we had with it, was we had the local gun guy change springs to lighten the trigger pull.
    had a couple of ftf's so we had the stock spring put back in.
    i think it was aluminum framed, not titanium, but even then(as said here) you did NOT want to fire full house .357's in it very often. .38+p was no problem though. good gun,she just wanted a s&w 649.

Hey y'all, thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.

I really like the looks of some of the Tarus models, especially since they're a lot cheaper than most of the S&W's. If I decide to go the snubnose route I'll probably do the Taurus if I can't find a good used S&W.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Links