Defensive Carry banner

Anyone know XDM specs?

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  CyBuzz 
#1 ·
Looked at an XDM 9mm today, and I think I may have found my next purchase... cant find all the specs on it... specifically overall length, overall height, weight, and width?

If anyone knows could they share?

Also any XDM owners with experiences?

#2 ·
Here's a link to the site with the spec. index There is a link to the specs under the NRA award.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

#3 ·
Ya know? I checked the site and don't see OAL measurement. I'm at work right now and XDm is at home. Sorry I can't help ya right now with measurements.

What I can tell you, in my limited experience, is that it is one sweet shooting handgun! Nothing else I've fired quite compares. Perhaps I'm prejudiced but it is one purchase I am very happy to have made.

#5 ·
Ya know? I checked the site and don't see OAL measurement. I'm at work right now and XDm is at home. Sorry I can't help ya right now with measurements.

What I can tell you, in my limited experience, is that it is one sweet shooting handgun! Nothing else I've fired quite compares. Perhaps I'm prejudiced but it is one purchase I am very happy to have made.
Does OAL mean overall length? If so, I found a PDF file here http://www.the-m-factor.com/download/CatWebv2.pdf that says the XDM has a 4.5" barrel length and 8" length. If found this on page 21 of the file.

#10 ·
JD, thanks for the pics in the post you linked above. I've been searching trying to find something like that here on DC as part of my research but couldn't find it. I guess I still have some learning to do on the the features of DC.

Anyway, the pics were great and placing them on the cutting mat was an excellent idea. I really like the XDM and it's in my price range.

#12 ·
Kudos JD, thanks. When I examined and held the xdm I thought wow, it feels like a 1911, still pretty thin in the grip, and less length than my full size. Since SA makes great 1911 it doesn't surprise me they could give a polymer that feel. The dimensions and weight are comparable if not less all the way around on a 1911 and on most other "service size pistols". Then the capacity. I like 9 rds of 45, but 20 rds of 9mm in a SD situation even if multiple BG definitely gives you some rounds of comfort. I am pretty much sold. Now to find the money... honey can I buy another gun? This may take some convincing...

Thanks for all the data, folks on here are awesome and quick...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.