Anyone know XDM specs?

Anyone know XDM specs?

This is a discussion on Anyone know XDM specs? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looked at an XDM 9mm today, and I think I may have found my next purchase... cant find all the specs on it... specifically overall ...

Anyone know XDM specs?

Looked at an XDM 9mm today, and I think I may have found my next purchase... cant find all the specs on it... specifically overall length, overall height, weight, and width?

If anyone knows could they share?

Also any XDM owners with experiences?

DM2
    Here's a link to the site with the spec. index There is a link to the specs under the NRA award.

Hope this is what you were looking for.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Ya know? I checked the site and don't see OAL measurement. I'm at work right now and XDm is at home. Sorry I can't help ya right now with measurements.

What I can tell you, in my limited experience, is that it is one sweet shooting handgun! Nothing else I've fired quite compares. Perhaps I'm prejudiced but it is one purchase I am very happy to have made.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

All I know is that I want one, it will be my next purchase.

DM2
    Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    Ya know? I checked the site and don't see OAL measurement. I'm at work right now and XDm is at home. Sorry I can't help ya right now with measurements.

What I can tell you, in my limited experience, is that it is one sweet shooting handgun! Nothing else I've fired quite compares. Perhaps I'm prejudiced but it is one purchase I am very happy to have made.
    Does OAL mean overall length? If so, I found a PDF file here http://www.the-m-factor.com/download/CatWebv2.pdf that says the XDM has a 4.5" barrel length and 8" length. If found this on page 21 of the file.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

JD
    Administrator
    1.18 frame width.
    1.28" frame to slide release

XDM weight measurements with 124gr HSTs
    Fully loaded: 19+1 2lbs .51oz
    Mag loaded to 19: 11.2oz
    Gun Empty: 1lbs.094oz

Here's some pics that aren't exact, but ball park using the graph. 8" OAL is about right

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ison-pics.html

DM2
    Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    How do you conceal your XDM? I'm looking at this being my first firearms purchase but some people seem to think it will be too hard to conceal on a female frame. Also, did you put night-sights on yours. I can't find anywhere that Springfield offers them.
    DM2

JD
    Administrator
    OK, it's just under 8" and about 5.5" high from the bottom-most portion of the grip to the top of the rear sight.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    How do you conceal your XDM? I'm looking at this being my first firearms purchase but some people seem to think it will be too hard to conceal on a female frame. Also, did you put night-sights on yours. I can't find anywhere that Springfield offers them.
    The XDM uses the same sights as a regular XD, I plan on adding some Heinie sights to mine eventually. I conceal mine with a HBE COM III IWB holster.

Anything can be concealed if you try hard enough, I don't think it will be easy, it all depends on your height and build...

DM2
    JD, thanks for the pics in the post you linked above. I've been searching trying to find something like that here on DC as part of my research but couldn't find it. I guess I still have some learning to do on the the features of DC.

Anyway, the pics were great and placing them on the cutting mat was an excellent idea. I really like the XDM and it's in my price range.
    DM2

Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    Last time I checked I did not have a female frame but that's ok, I'm not a female so that would be weird. I'm also not a large person. 5-9, 180. I carry it IWB in a Kholster at 4 o'clock. It's tuckable and in khaki's with a golf shirt it's fine. I don't quite EDC it because the XD9sc is a bit easier to carry for extended periods. 16 - 18 hours at a time.

I have not considered night sights, so I haven't looked for them anyplace. I practice with just raising it and pointing to what I want to shoot at and when I check the sights, its damn near exact. At SD distances in the dark, sights won't be necessary. Just point at center mass. I'm no expert but I'm comfortable with this.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Kudos JD, thanks. When I examined and held the xdm I thought wow, it feels like a 1911, still pretty thin in the grip, and less length than my full size. Since SA makes great 1911 it doesn't surprise me they could give a polymer that feel. The dimensions and weight are comparable if not less all the way around on a 1911 and on most other "service size pistols". Then the capacity. I like 9 rds of 45, but 20 rds of 9mm in a SD situation even if multiple BG definitely gives you some rounds of comfort. I am pretty much sold. Now to find the money... honey can I buy another gun? This may take some convincing...

Thanks for all the data, folks on here are awesome and quick...

check out XDTalk

great place to be.

Links