Kahr PM9094A

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9094A within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've carried mine fulltime for over a month and have put about 600 rounds through it. Great little gun. Light and comfortable to carry. No ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM9094A

I've carried mine fulltime for over a month and have put about 600 rounds through it. Great little gun. Light and comfortable to carry. No ftf or other problems...even during break-in.

Good choice.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I went to the range FINALLY!! to test the Kahr. Put 100 flawless rounds through it - no jams, FTFs, or any problems. I think I see what the problem with the magazines not seating fully might be.

When I used Remington 115 grain ball ammo, the magazine seated flush and I could chamber a round by disengaging the slide lock or by racking the slide. I noticed right away that the magazines went in much more smoothly and the slide lock could be easily disengaged.

When I used Speer GoldDot hollowpoints, the magazine didn't seat entirely flush and that's when the slide lock engages and I can't rack the slide. I had to manipulate the slide lock and slide and then the slide chambers a round. Yet, the hollowpoints also fired flawlessly. So the issue might be that the shape of the round is causing some hang up on the slide.

With 100 rounds fired, I'm half-way through the "break-in" period recommended by Kahr, so I will report back when I've put another 100 or so rounds through the gun. All in all, though, it is a very pleasant gun to shoot. Accurate, hardly any recoil, and not fatiguing.

My PM9 went through the initial growing pains (break-in) with a few hicups. After that, it takes anything I feed it. Great CCW gun and quite accurate for it's barrel size.

Yes, my magazine does slightly protrudes at the bottom. This does not affect the reliability of this little giant.

Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor
    The manual indicates that after inserting a loaded magazine and pulling back the slide, the slide lock will engage...
    I don't believe that is correct. Racking the slide with an empty magazine inserted should cause the slide to lock back.
    ONE NATION UNDER GOD

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catbird
    I don't believe that is correct. Racking the slide with an empty magazine inserted should cause the slide to lock back.
    Catbird, you are correct. I also have discovered that I was racking the slide a little too gently. If I rack the slide firmly, the rounds chamber, no matter what type of ammo.

So it looks like the PM9 is a little fussy and needs some TLC during the break-in period. But I can actually feel it loosening up and behaving itself better. Thanks to everyone so far for your very helpful insights and comments.

My PM9 has been flawless even through the breakin period. I really like this little gun!!!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Hi,

I am about ready to get a PM9094 (With the black diamond coating)
    I'd love it if any owners can speak about the durability of the black coating. Does it show wear marks from being drawn and re-holstered (practice, practice, practice)? Does the black coating chip or scratch easily?

Thanks.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    mine still looks brand new , it seems to be a robust finish
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

How much more is the Black Diamond coating. I always prefer to save a little longer and get the better finish when I can. I baby my guns but I still want to know they can take some abuse. I'm currently saving for a PM9. I turn 21 in November and should have enough saved up by then to get one.

Scout in this case finish is only personal preferance , all kahr pm series slides are stainless , only spend the extra for the dlc if you feel the need for an all black kahr , or like me its the one you stumble across , i belive they jack the price somewhere arround $30 to 50 for it
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Well the price is right, but we'll see. Maybe I'll forgo that and get big-dot night sights.

i would shure nuff get almost any nightsights over a finish on stainless lol the nightsights can help you shoot , the finish only helps you brag so to speak lol

All three of my Kahrs have the silver-colored SS slides. It's not really a financial issue with me -- just personal preference. If it was proven that the DLC was somehow better or an upgrade, I would have purchased it. Since, IMO, it's just a cosmetic issue, I decided 'against'. Again, IMO, things such as extra magazines, night sights and a good quality holster are much more important.
    ONE NATION UNDER GOD

True, I place spare mags and night sights higher on my list. But I always lean toward anything that can make my guns more robust if I can afford it.

True, definitely the finish is probably the last thing to worry about after reliability, sights, accuracy and all that.

But say I have everything else figured out, I want the finish that will wear the least since it will be carried everyday and I will be practicing drawing it thousands of times.

Anyone else have the black diamond coating and can tell me how it holds up?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links