Sig P250 - Page 2

Sig P250

This is a discussion on Sig P250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have praised the Sig 2022 many times. If Sig only made polymer handguns the Pro would be considered top line easily compared to Glock, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig P250

I have praised the Sig 2022 many times. If Sig only made polymer handguns the Pro would be considered top line easily compared to Glock, XD, and other polymers. But Sig's Classic line is what they are most concerned with so the Pro is very much ignored by them. BTW . . . In my opinion the best polymer handgun is H&K.

I love my P250 in .40. It's the only Sig I own. The P series steel frame Sigs just don't do it for me. I don't care for the DA/SA system, and their DAK trigger is not nearly as smooth and light as the DA trigger on my P250. It's kind of like having a 14 shot revolver. I have the small grip frame and it fits me perfectly, rivaling my M&P compact in ergonomics.

I really like the easy of disassembly, and the modularity makes it easy to really clean the pistol. All of the working parts are easily accessible. All of my semiautos are 40 caliber, so I don't care so much about caliber swapping. I bought the gun as a standalone pistol, not a modular kit, and it has performed very well for me.

I wouldn't say that the P250 will ever replace excellent poly pistols like the Glock or M&P. It's hard to beat the short trigger reset of the striker fired pistols. But for DA hammer fired poly pistols, I think the P250 beats the HK LEM or the Beretta PX4 "C" models in trigger pull weight and smoothness, and ergonomics. (I've shot all 3, and have owned a Beretta C model) My M&P compact gets more carry time than my P250, but there is still a place in my collection of working guns for the excellent P250.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I have a number of Sigs and will get a 250 pretty quickly, Sig is quality!

I have a few traditional Sig's (P220, P229, P6) and a couple of their blowback guns (a P232 and a Mosquito). Love them all dearly.

I also have a few H&K USPc's; (2) in .40 S&W and a .45 ACP.

If I were to purchase another polymer framed weapon it would probably be an H&K P2000 or the new P30. Love my Sig Sauer's just don't want a plastic one.

If Glock and I made a good combination I would have bunch of Glocks. Can't shoot one so I don't want one.

Whatever you decide on just make sure that YOU like it and that YOU can shoot it efficiently.

IOW, if that P250 turns you on and you can shoot it well, stimulate the economy and buy it!

Be Safe

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

VIP Member
    Hi,

I actually just got a new P250 in 45.acp and all I can say is that it's great gun. I have owned Glock's and still own XD's, but they are just a level lower then a SIG. I get a kick out the the classic SIG owner who moans about this model being polymer and DAO. Let it go, these are great guns too! Not everyone wants to carry at 30 plus ounce gun, but they still want SIG quality.

The DAO is smooth as silk and gives you something Glock's and XD's don't, I call it another chance to fire a round before tapping and racking. Something else that I love about this gun is dry firing. With the way ammo costs these days having the ability to dry fire a weapon without having to rack the slide every time is sweet.

Anyone who is thinking about a 250, I say check it out. They are great guns!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

The P250 is quickly becoming a hit with several people I know. I've tried a few, and I will probably try a few more. I like the ergonomics, though for me the trigger takes some getting used to.

The P250 makes a fine service pistol.
    9mm Walther P5 Compact

.380 and .32 Interarms Walther PPK/S

.380 and .32 Interarms Walther PPK

Comparing a the P250 to the classic "P" series isn't really fair. The P250 was built to meet a lower price point. It is built to be a less expensive pistol to compete against Glock, M&P and the XD series. The classic "P" is simply a higher class of gun. That doesn't mean the P250 is a bad gun; it's still a Sig.

From what I've heard, the P250 is a good gun if you buy it as a gun. If you buy it to swap parts and platforms, it's a bit of a let-down.

IMHO, if you want plastic, go with Glock, Springfield Armory, or S&W. If you want metal, Sig is the way to go. Since cost is a concern, check out Sig's CPO program: Products & Services

The CPO's usually retail in the $450-$550 range.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    My local gunshop is blowing out the 250 series. It makes me wonder if Sig is going to discontinue them.

I am not real familiar with the 250 series (I own a 229 in .40 which is top notch) so maybe their sale price is really just a regular bottom dollar price for other shops.

The price of the 250s dropped just a bit ago, probably as a result of Sig winning the Federal Air Marshal contract with the gun (higher production drops price per unit).

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Comparing a the P250 to the classic "P" series isn't really fair. The P250 was built to meet a lower price point. It is built to be a less expensive pistol to compete against Glock, M&P and the XD series. The classic "P" is simply a higher class of gun. That doesn't mean the P250 is a bad gun; it's still a Sig.

From what I've heard, the P250 is a good gun if you buy it as a gun. If you buy it to swap parts and platforms, it's a bit of a let-down.

IMHO, if you want plastic, go with Glock, Springfield Armory, or S&W. If you want metal, Sig is the way to go. Since cost is a concern, check out Sig's CPO program: Products & Services

The CPO's usually retail in the $450-$550 range.
    Exodus,

Have you shot one or taken one apart? It's pretty much a classic Sig barrel and slide, hence the typical SIG accuracy. Once you get beyond the top half of the gun, I would call it a modernized Glock, or XD.

As I mentioned prior, I have quite a bit of experience with Glock's and XD's both are very fine guns. I just think SIG stepped up to the plate and engineered a total slap in the face to other polymer manufacturers.

Now that they have won the recent government contracts and the price has come down a little. I think you might see quite a few of these popping up.

It's simple, if you are looking for a polymer gun, just match quality and features. This SIG is pretty sweet.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links