Defensive Carry banner

Who makes those rubber grip sleeves?

6K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  cmb 
#1 ·
I looked into these a couple of years ago for my XD, but they didn't make it for this gun at that time.

What's that company?

Thanks!

#5 ·
Geez, my memory is getting bad. I actually bought the Hogue HandAll a couple of years ago. When I sliced a groove for the grip safety, the entire thing ripped when trying to put it on.

EW3, I'll check out the AGrip.

Thanks!

:smile:

#7 ·
#9 ·
hogue hand all risks....

I have heard of issues where the slip-on grip gets in the way of the magazine release or slips over the top of it making mag changes difficult or impossible without first messing with the grip.

This is apparently not a rare issue with guns that get shot a lot or guns that are being shot a ton in a long string (such as in a training class).

I read about it on another forum - has anyone else heard about it?

FWIW, I took mine off when I read it and just got used to the slimmer grip. As it turns out, I like it better. I might try skateboard tape instead to get the grip "grippier".

#10 ·
I have a Hogue Handall on my P-95DC and a Handall Jr on my PT140.

No problem with either of them and they absolutely do not move! It took several minutes with my wife's hair drier to get them soft enough to slide on.

All my other handguns except my Hi-Standard match .22 and my Ruger Super Blackhawk have Pachmayr replacement grips installed.

#12 ·
I make my own out of bicycle tubes, draw out on paper, cut paper, cut the tube, wash and scrub the tube, dry, slip on! spend 3$ and make 15!

#13 ·
heres my xdm with a hogue:

i know its a corny picture i was just monkeyin around with the camera. =]

edit: i LOVE the way the hogue works with this weapon. you need to trim it down off the grip safety but once fitted its awesome. having finger groves on an XD product is fabulous.

i dont care for them on my glocks.

edit:

heres a more reasonable pic to show how i trimmed it:

#15 ·
heres my xdm with a hogue:

i know its a corny picture i was just monkeyin around with the camera. =]
It's not a corny picture at all. One of my other interests is product photography and you did an excellent job with the photo. Very good lighting on the gun, itself, and the lighting on the background accents the gun very nicely. Well done!

#14 ·
I have a Pachmayr rubber sleeve grip on my S&W Sigma 40VE. I had trouble initially getting it on, it split at the top. I called Pachmayr customer service and they sent me another one right away. I have to admit, it makes the gun fit my hand so much better and also absorbs some of the recoil upon firing. I like it very much.

#18 ·
nice pic and gun, I am saving for the xdm 9mm now... I will wipe my drool and move on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.