My new EDC?? Pics enclosed.

My new EDC?? Pics enclosed.

This is a discussion on My new EDC?? Pics enclosed. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had previously asked opinions on the S&W 3913, hoping for some negative reviews (I'm broke). No such luck. Everyone had praise for them. So ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Talking My new EDC?? Pics enclosed.

I had previously asked opinions on the S&W 3913, hoping for some negative reviews (I'm broke).

No such luck. Everyone had praise for them. So here it is, my new, to me, 3913. It has been fired, but is basically as new. The serial number says it was born in 1990. Under Canadian law it is classsified as a prohibited weapon (barrel less than 4.1"), but I am a grandfathered collector in this class of firearms.

It may just replace my P7 as my EDC when I go south of the 49th. Now I have to get a holster for it (anybody got one they don't want?).

I scored a couple of extra mags on another forum. Under the "Trust Your Fellow Man" department, you're gonna love this one. A guy I've never heard of or corresponded with has two for sale, $20 shipped. I PM him and ask their condition. He says they're great. I say you sound like a stand up guy, I trust you, send me your address and I'll send you a money order. He emails back saying that I sound like a man of my word. Send him my address and he'll send me the mags. I can send him the money order after I've inspected them and seen they're OK. Kinda restores your faith in your fellow man.

Anyway, without further adieu (spelling?), here's my new (to me) 3913...................
    Attached Images
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

cmb
    congrats, I like those Smiths...

VIP Member
    Excellent weapon, it'll serve you well for many years!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Gunny! You posted this just in time! Those guns are horribly defective! Send it to me for proper disposal! Don't forget the extra mags, I can always use.....er.....I mean they're defective too!!
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I had previously asked opinions on the S&W 3913, hoping for some negative reviews (I'm broke).

No such luck. Everyone had praise for them. So here it is, my new, to me, 3913. It has been fired, but is basically as new. The serial number says it was born in 1990. Under Canadian law it is classsified as a prohibited weapon (barrel less than 4.1"), but I am a grandfathered collector in this class of firearms.

It may just replace my P7 as my EDC when I go south of the 49th. Now I have to get a holster for it (anybody got one they don't want?).

I scored a couple of extra mags on another forum. Under the "Trust Your Fellow Man" department, you're gonna love this one. A guy I've never heard of or corresponded with has two for sale, $20 shipped. I PM him and ask their condition. He says they're great. I say you sound like a stand up guy, I trust you, send me your address and I'll send you a money order. He emails back saying that I sound like a man of my word. Send him my address and he'll send me the mags. I can send him the money order after I've inspected them and seen they're OK. Kinda restores your faith in your fellow man.

Anyway, without further adieu (spelling?), here's my new (to me) 3913...................
    I have a 4516 from about the late 80's...great guns....Congrats and you will not be unhappy! Enjoy it and fire it ALOT...can't hurt it!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post

AND about the fellow man thing.......why is it that upstanding, decent, good people who have faith in what we all have faith in, get such a bad rap???? I am glad, and not surprised that your experience was so good. Again, enjoy!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Congrats on the fine 'new' weapon.
    Now how is it that you can keep that weapon in your Canadian home?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congratulations on a fine handgun purchase.

I can't help but to feel sorry for all your Canadian brethren who have to live under such Euro-Draconian gun laws.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Looks to be in very fine condition!

I can't help you on the holster search, but how do you plan to carry it?

Kramer for holsters

One of the best US holster makers is Kramer Leather, located in Tacoma, Washington, just south of you. I just checked and they make most of their models for the S&W 3913 handgun. I have a number of their holsters and particularly like the horsehide versions. Here is a link to the website:

Kramer Leather website
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=automatic slim;1313491]Gunny! You posted this just in time! Those guns are horribly defective! Send it to me for proper disposal! Don't forget the extra mags, I can always use.....er.....I mean they're defective too!![/QUOTE

LMAO!
    Congratulations!
    I had a 39-2, am kinda kicking myself for sellig it .
    one of the best shooters! Never had a problem: so like one of the other posters, said , shoot it often, You WILL not hurt it.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

3913 Holster Suggestions

When I got my 3913 off Gunbroker, it came with a Kramer # 1 1/2 IWB. I wore it for a few weeks, but there were a couple things I didn't like about it. First, it held the weapon with the barrel pointed almost directly downward and I prefer quite a bit of cant rearward. Second, it has two belt loops right next to each other that always seemed to fall exactly where my pants belt loop was, so I was forced to carry it a little forward or rearward of ideal. On the plus side, it's reinforced so it holds itself open for reholstering, and the leather provided a nice secure hold, but still a clean draw. Also very well constructed.

I've since bought this holster from Tucker, here in Texas.
    It was not made for the 3913, but I wasn't willing to wait for a custom fit, so I remolded an existing one myself. Very pleased.

Do they still sell "Black Talons" up by you? If you picked them up on line please advise where. Thanks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on the fine 'new' weapon.
    Now how is it that you can keep that weapon in your Canadian home?
    Well, by now you should know I have a fairly substantial collection in my Canadian home. All legal and registered, with all the paperwork required for my travels within Canada and the US.

Of course, forget about even considering carrying them in my home Country, hence my signature line.

And the Black Talons, I've had them for years. Just wanted to see if anyone would bite on them. They're also just to dress up the photo. They're actually .45ACP, not 9mm.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I have the 4006 and it's virtually bomb proof.

Congratulations, and enjoy.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links