New Taurus PT145 Owner

This is a discussion on New Taurus PT145 Owner within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had to do some tradin to get it - but today got a new PT145. Looking forward to some range time with it - may ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Taurus PT145 Owner

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

New Taurus PT145 Owner

Had to do some tradin to get it - but today got a new PT145. Looking forward to some range time with it - may take a while tho...
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    congrats were is the pics?
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Had to do some tradin to get it - but today got a new PT145. Looking forward to some range time with it - may take a while tho...
    Wow, I never even looked into a pt145 but after doing a bit of quick research I have to admit I'm a bit sad I went straight for the glock-19 for my CCW. That PT145 looks like a heck of a nice gun. 11 Rounds of .45 in a pretty small package and it has got good reviews. I am quite eager to hear a range report.

Heck of a thump to it. I just went to the range today. It had been at least three months since I last went. I forgot what it felt like. I carry mine everyday.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    No pics right now - it's still goobed up in the plastic bag from Taurus. Gotta do some cleaning up & then pics will be posted.

BTW - Where do you guys upload pics (what website) to post from?
    For God, Family and Country!

I have one

Had mine for a while, has around 350-400rds (+/-) HATED the straight 8 sights, so it sat for some time, early this summer I finally got around to switching the sights to Williams Fire Sights (fiber optics), have gotten it out to the range once since the swap and like them much better!

Over all it's a nice little pistol but I kinda wish I had a second gen (dao) over the current model (sa/da re-strike).

AC.-You can use any number of sites for photos, I've used Photobucket for uploads in the past.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Had some tough luck with mine, but it admittedly was a very early model. Have heard good stuff about 'em since I bailed-out. Interested in continued report after you run the snot out of it. Always was impressed with the "power-to-weight" ratio.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I think you will like this little canon! They conceal really well and mine is accurate right out of the box! I also have a Glock 22 and the recoil of the 145 is about the same to me.....Enjoy
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

I had a 3rd gen PT145 that never would feed with a full magazine, and rarely make it through the rest of the mag. I tried 3 new mags with the same problem. Maybe I should have sent the gun itself back to Taurus. I loved the concealability of the gun, just never got it running good. Ended up selling it and picked up a Glock 19, then a 5" 1911, then (finally) my Detonics CM. Hope you got one that runs good.

Hope yours is better then mine was. I bought one in April of 08 and put a couple hundred rounds through it. I hated the trigger and could never get over having the trigger break point less then 1/8" from the grip frame.
    After less then 1000 rounds my gun developed a frame crack. Taurus did fix the problem and sent a new frame back to me in about 6 weeks.

I thought I'd jump on this board and create an account after lurking for awhile on some others. Hope it's not an issue to post a link to my Taurus experience over at another board.

Taurus PT145 Millenium PRO FRAME CRACK - Glock Talk

-Jeremy
    Last edited by Stratispho; September 29th, 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: spellilng

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    My PT745, the slimline version with 6+1 capacity, should be here tomorrow or Thursday and I'm pumped.

Congrats!

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    It was the best of guns; it was the worst of guns.

Mine works!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    It was the best of guns; it was the worst of guns.

Mine works!
    Thats taurus. They are definitely hit or miss. I love how they are very innovative and cutting edge. But sometimes their reliability can be..a bit wanting.
    I have a buddy who has a 9mm 24/7 and is very happy w/it. My brother has a pt-92 and loves it. I've had so so luck w/3 Taurus revos.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

I have had great luck with all of mine. I'm sure you will love it....
    34 hand guns and still going.....

EX-NRA lifetime Member

I owned one a few years back trigger sucked and never got a full magazine to feed thru it, which was terribly irritating. They may be improved from the one I had.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links