Here we go again - G22s giving trouble

This is a discussion on Here we go again - G22s giving trouble within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Frank - that sounds very logical and probably helps enormously for those of us in the dark a bit. Thank you....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again - G22s giving trouble

Assistant Administrator
    Frank - that sounds very logical and probably helps enormously for those of us in the dark a bit.

Thank you.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Indiana State Police went with the G22 a few months back, they are already dumping them for the G17.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    One of the RCMP up here had his Glock .40 G26(? the small one) split open on him, I also know another guy that had a similar problem with the larger .40cal version. I know of only one person that had problems with a G17 and that was a crack in the slide near the ejection port and a fairly high round count.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Just for what it's worth here is a link to an interesting discussion over at stoppingpower.net about this issue.
    http://www.stoppingpower.net/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=11118
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I read thru that stoppingpower.net thread and was happy to find that the G23 in .40 Sweet & Wicked doesn't seem to have widely reported problems.

Right now, I'm simply not worried that others don't care for my choice in a carry piece, or caliber. Works fine for me and I like it!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    G23 in .40 Sweet & Wicked

mm
    Ya got that wrong its Short and Weak ill make sure to correct any mistakes for ya from now on

Ouch!

Uh. . . er. . . I mean. . . Gee, thanks boss!

mm

Glad you said it Bud, otherwise I was going to!
    Just funnin' ya' a bit Mike. Hell, go on and carry that Tupperware ... oh wait, I've got an XD on layaway now. What're we gonna call those, "Combat Rubbermaid?"
    Jack

Well, I can remember when the G23's 3rd generations came out with the extra frame block which is the one I bought.

I have about 3,000 rounds through mine and it has also been beaten to hell all over the USA in many different kinds of terrain. I never had a problem. I always used factory fresh ammo and from a quality manufacturer too.
    So, FWIW I would and have trusted my life on my G23 .40 cal.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Well I for one will continue to enjoy my Glock 22. Many rounds have been launched down range and never a problem. I am glad many of you shoot and enjoy Glocks as I do. I also am glad many of you don't enjoy them. That is what makes life grand.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

No problems here, Jack!

I kind of like how some call it "Short & Weak" on the one hand, and then say they don't like it because it isn't controllable on the other. (Maybe it's the shooter who's Short & Weak.)

But seriously, folks. . . I love the way the G23 shoots. After shooting 9mm for quite a while, the Glock (.40) seems like a "blaster." As for control during rapid-fire, I guess the gun just fits me well.

Heck, it's all good!

mm

Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    No problems here, Jack!

I kind of like how some call it "Short & Weak" on the one hand, and then say they don't like it because it isn't controllable on the other. (Maybe it's the shooter who's Short & Weak.)

But seriously, folks. . . I love the way the G23 shoots. After shooting 9mm for quite a while, the Glock (.40) seems like a "blaster." As for control during rapid-fire, I guess the gun just fits me well.

Heck, it's all good!

mm

I know ya didnt mean me with that comment care to try my 500 with a 700 grain handload?

No, I didn't and YES I would!

mm

G32

I recently noted that my G32 in 357 Sig would disengage the Glock Model rail light on the second shot of the fully charged magazine. I did not note this when using the G23 barrell with the same gun and light.

Strange but it disengages the Glock Tac light and the dang thing falls off!!

Satch
    Last edited by Slide Lock Satch; August 12th, 2006 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCurry1
    I love my Glock 22. Works great, never even had so much as a FTF or FTE.
    i dont even know how many handguns i own now (i outgrew my gun-safe, then i outgrew my gun-room, and now im rapidly outgrowing my gun-basement), and they all get shot as regularly as possible. of all my guns from all manufacturers the only manufacturer that i can claim has been absolutely 100% reliable for me has been my glocks. i have never had any type of failure from my g17, g19, or g33. my g17 has never been cleaned or even lubed since i purchased it new. after over 16,000 rounds it has been just as reliable as my g19/g33 that do get cleaned and lubed. if my g17 ever fails me in some way ill clean/lube it, but i dont expect a failure any time soon.
    my springfield TRP has never failed to feed or fire, but i did have an issue with one of the magazines failing to lock the slide back when empty. thats not a failure even worth mentioning i know, but it still makes it less than 100%. so far my stainless colt combat commander xse has been 100%, but i dont even have 1000 rounds through it yet so theres not enough data to lay any claims with it just yet.
    i resisted glocks for many years, but did a 180 after realizing the undeniable qualities of this platform. i dont care if they have no "soul", i dont care if theyre "ugly", and im even willing to accept the sucky grip angle because in the end all i want is a weapon that i know i can depend on no matter what.

.....and for all glock owners everywhere, im in the process of building a glock owners forum at http://GlockCarry.com which i hope to have online this weekend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links