Kahr MK40 elite 98 a good gun?

This is a discussion on Kahr MK40 elite 98 a good gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local shop has a used one like new in box with night sights for $450 OTD,but I don't know much about these particular Kahr ...

Thread: Kahr MK40 elite 98 a good gun?

My local shop has a used one like new in box with night sights for $450 OTD,but I don't know much about these particular Kahr Arms guns. Its a stainless model and has "elite 98" on the side of the frame and is in very good condition. Are these kahr pistols chambered in .40 caliber reliable and accurate? whats the difference between this elite model and any other Kahr MK40?

How is the recoil on them? I'm not really recoil sensitive I shoot .357's out of my S&W 340 M&P and don't find it hand crushing,is the kahr .40 better,worse or the same in the recoil department? Thanks for any help I tried searching here but couldn't find anything on this elite 98 model of Kahr MK40.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

I carry a Kahr on a daily basis. I am sure that you won't be disappointed. The MSRP at the Kahr website is $855.00. Go to the Kahrarms site for additional information.

Kahr suprised the hell out of me. I had the pleasure of shooting the Kahr TP9 series 9mm. It was a smooth shooing accurate gun. I am thinking that my next pistol will be a Kahr .45 cal pistol of some sort. I fell in love with them. Kahr makes a great priced great shooting gun.
    "A coward dies a thousand deaths. But a man dies only once."

VIP Member
    The Kahr Elite 98 first came out in 2003. It has a shortened fitted trigger, polished feed ramp and a high polish job on the slide. It is a semi-custom model from Kahr. I've only heard good things about them. They run about $650-700 around here.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Kahr's are excellent firearms, and that sounds like a good price.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Steel Kahrs

Steel Kahrs, like the MK40 you are considering, are generally excellent guns. Many of the Kahr complaints you read on the Internet relate to the polymer frame models.

I have not fired the MK40, but do have the similar MK9 and think highly of it. It has an excellent trigger, enough weight to tame recoil, and conceals very well inside the waistband. It weighs about 25 ounces empty but has very small dimensions and is only 0.90 inches thick across the slide. I think the steel MK Kahrs are superior to a J frame .38 as a subcompact concealed carry gun.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I too have the MK9 as does a friend of mine. Great guns. You don't hear much about them compared to the polymer series. My guess is that's a good thing...

One of their better outfitted models. The steel models are built like tanks. Sounds like a great deal. IMHO I would go for it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sponsored Links