SHOT Show 2010

SHOT Show 2010

This is a discussion on SHOT Show 2010 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's October and SHOT is right around the corner. Any rumors going around the old mill yet? Who's gonna have the hot new .380 this ...

Thread: SHOT Show 2010

SHOT Show 2010

It's October and SHOT is right around the corner. Any rumors going around the old mill yet?

Who's gonna have the hot new .380 this time around?
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I'm curious as to what Ruger has up their sleeves. They unveiled the LCP at the 2008 Shot Show & the LCR at the 2009 Shot Show. Maybe a 9mm version of the LCP?

That would be something if they could pull off a trifecta. I think the other manufacturers are going to try hard to stop the roll that Ruger's on.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

JD
    Administrator
    I don't know about the .380 thing, but I'm still wanting to see a PCC from Glock in .357 Sig and 10mm.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I think slim sub-compact 9mm pistols will be offered by various manufacturers. Sort of like a Kahr or PPS but even dimensionally smaller. The .380 craze has demonstrated the desire for small, now I think the customer wants small with more power and more ammo availability.

The LCP in 9mm would be a hot seller. You think the 380 has enjoyed a tidal wave of sales you havent seen anything yet. Holdin my breath for the single stack mini Glock.....YEAH RIGHT
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Too bad it isn't open to the public. I'd take a day off work just to go check it out.

A 9mm Ruger LCP would sell like hot cakes. Although before I would purchase one I would wait until actual users report their findings. Remember the LCP 380 had issues serial numbers XXXXX and prior. They fixed it and now works fine.

ME & MY NINE WORK JUST FINE!

Looking forward to the Sig P250 in subcompact. Maybe. Possibly. Please, Sig, please...

Quote Originally Posted by gwlammers View Post
    I'm curious as to what Ruger has up their sleeves. They unveiled the LCP at the 2008 Shot Show & the LCR at the 2009 Shot Show. Maybe a 9mm version of the LCP?
    The 9mm round is too powerful for an LCP style pistol. There comes a point where the law of physics interferes with things. A 9 ounce pistol with a 1 1/2 finger grip would be damn near unshootable, IMO.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro 40 View Post
    The 9mm round is too powerful for an LCP style pistol. There comes a point where the law of physics interferes with things. A 9 ounce pistol with a 1 1/2 finger grip would be damn near unshootable, IMO.
    That's what im thinking.. Yeah it would be shootable but man I think I'd be all over the place with it
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

Look at a PM9, a Rohrbaugh R9. Physics as nothing to do with it. It is definitely doable.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro 40 View Post
    I agree that a pistol with the dimensions of the LCP is too small for a 9mm round. I was suggesting an LCP "like" pistol. It would have to have the dimensions more like the Kel-Tec PF9.

I'm still wondering when someone will do a single-stack thin polymer in .45 ACP. I just bought a Taurus PT145. I had originally wanted a PT745 (single-stack, 6+1), but then found that the slide is no thinner, only the grip is thinner, so I went ahead with the PT145.

Tarzan think, "What good that????"

The 1911's are thinner but many of them just don't run that great with a 3-inch barrel.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Sponsored Links