442 Trigger question

442 Trigger question

This is a discussion on 442 Trigger question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a S&W 442 that I just purchased. Noticed over the last few days that the trigger seems to be a little more to ...

Thread: 442 Trigger question

442 Trigger question

I have a S&W 442 that I just purchased. Noticed over the last few days that the trigger seems to be a little more to the right of the trigger guard than the left. Just wondering if any one else with a J-frame has noticed this or should I be concerned about it? I have not shot the gun yet but am a little concerned about it.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

Must be a "gun rights" model. It leans to the right!

I'm looking at my 642, which is basically the same gun in a different color, and it might be half a millimeter more to the right. However, it's because the frame is thinner on that side. There's a seam. There is only a small gap (thinner than a credit card) on either side of the trigger. Is this how yours is, or is there actually a larger gap between the trigger and frame on one side?
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

I see what you are saying. There is not a larger gap on the right side and I see how the frame comes together. I don't think there is anything wrong just wanted another j-framer to let me know what his or her's looked like. Thanks so much for the feed back.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Now put some snap caps in it and dry fire it 1000 times in say 25-50 trigger pull increments over many days.

Not only do you get some great training working on your grip and trigger control, it will really smooth out the action.

Sponsored Links