Am i the only one who doesn't....

This is a discussion on Am i the only one who doesn't.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like glock?...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am i the only one who doesn't....

Like glock?

2. Remove Ads

No, there are millions of us...now we know who you are, someone will be around tonight to teach you the secret handshake.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

I don't. I believe they are good guns, I've handled and shot a few, but they're just so ugly. I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    I simply don't like the way they fit my hand, other than that I think they are good guns!
    [One Nation Under God]

welcome to the club

if it's not a 1911, it wants to be when it grows up, unless it's a Sig.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chazeman2 View Post
    Like glock?
    Yep, you are the ONLY ONE! (Sarcasm)

I own a G26, and think it is the ideal platform for concealed EDC.

I think after this I am going to start a thread titled : "Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Like 1911's?"
    Glock 26 w/ CTAC IWB

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I don't. I believe they are good guns, I've handled and shot a few, but they're just so ugly. I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I always thought is was "Beauty is in the eye of the BEERholder"

http://www.brackenspub.com/beer.swf

Like glock?
    Nope. You're a member of the seemingly increasing crowd now just starting to emerge from the closet. It won't be long until we see some 'I Hate Glock' bumper stickers. That is of course for those who don't hate bumper stickers. This subject has come up an awful lot recently.....right here in the forum. I don't know how the mods here look at threads like this, but if it were me, I might start my own "I hate threads who's subject is: 'I hate Glocks'" How would that grab ya?
    You know.......the funny thing is......all of the Glock lovers I know don't seem to go around the internet and forums posting about what brand name firearms we don't like. Personally, I like them all. If you gave me an XD for free, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Then turn around and sell it to someone who likes them. We all have free will, and I'll give you one more opinion of mine. Threads like this are junk...spam.....worthless. How's about posting what you love about your most favorite brand of firearm instead of spreading negativity on the internet? Have a good day.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    If it shoots bullets, I probably love it. I'm not a fan of glock, and don't prefer them. I'm a Sig guy, but I don't hate glock.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I can't argue with Glock's infamous reliability - it started it all. They are economical, reliable, and simple to use. What else do you need?

I prefer the grip angle of my XD and its safety features, but I'd definitely buy a Glock 30 for a smaller carry option.

I suppose it all depends on what you are used to. For me, I've already gotten a lot of practice in with an XD and bought a holster for it. But, if I saw a great deal on a Glock, I'd consider switching to it.
    Springfield XD45 4" 13+1

No, you're not the only one. I don't like them, either. My only reason, however, is the grip angle. I don't care what they look like. I like that they have an increased capacity. From what I've read and heard from those who have owned them, they are reliable as heck. It's just that whenever I've held one and naturally pointed it, the sights are way high. Whenever I hold a 1911, SIG, HK, XD, or S&W the sights are dead on.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Nope, you're not.
    Now there is nothing wrong with a Glock(or anything else you might like), they just don't work for me.
    The grip size and angle is all wrong for my hand, and I can't shoot very well with them.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazeman2 View Post
    Like glock?
    You are not alone guy. There are tons of people who love them and tons who hate them. I fall in the middle. I love the simplicity of them, the ruggedness and the low bore axis. But, the grip doesn't fit my hand well and the grip angle just makes the gun point high for me.

I still own one for now and I may keep it, but there are lots of guns out there that fit my hand way better.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I think you just need to get to know the Glock.

Well, someone had to say it........
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I don't hate them
    I don't think they are bad guns they just don't fit me for some reason have shot a few and they just aren't comfy.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links