Here's what will be my ccw setup.

This is a discussion on Here's what will be my ccw setup. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My always carry gun=Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster Primary IWB carry all year round=Kahr P9 or Kahr P45, still trying to pick which one, ...

Thread: Here's what will be my ccw setup.

Here's what will be my ccw setup.

My always carry gun=Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster
    Primary IWB carry all year round=Kahr P9 or Kahr P45, still trying to pick which one, any thoughts would be appreciated. Also a GLOCK 26 off and on.
    Fullsize IWB carry during winter=SIG 220 or GLOCK 17 or SIG Revolution XO or HK USP 45 (Maybe one of the new models if they decided to make one for the civilian market).

Let me know what you think. I'll only get one full-size and one of the larger kahrs for primary carry initially, I already have the GLOCK 26. But I'm sure the rest will follow.

2. Remove Ads

Why not go with the glocks since the mgs from the 17 will work in the 26

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    What he said.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    uh, none of the guns is a revolver......
    God Bless
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Another similar opinion. Not only for the mag use, but also to help your relfexes. Using guns of similar action should give you a slight edge if you ever did need to use your BUG.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by '75scout
    My always carry gun=Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster
    Primary IWB carry all year round=Kahr P9 or Kahr P45, still trying to pick which one, any thoughts would be appreciated. Also a GLOCK 26 off and on.
    Fullsize IWB carry during winter=SIG 220 or GLOCK 17 or SIG Revolution XO or HK USP 45 (Maybe one of the new models if they decided to make one for the civilian market).

Let me know what you think. I'll only get one full-size and one of the larger kahrs for primary carry initially, I already have the GLOCK 26. But I'm sure the rest will follow.
    As this photo, below, shows, I too own a PM9, together with a P9 Covert and a P45.

I carry the two 9mm Kahrs during warm weather and the P45 during cooler FL weather when I have some extra clothes on. I decided on the Kahrs to keep the manual-of-arms identical. The two 9mm's share the same magazines as well, keeping things simple.

I do agree with others here regarding carrying a G17 when you tote the G26 due to, again, commonality in weapon systems and the ability to carry G17 mags in the G26 for reloads.
    Last edited by srfl; April 12th, 2006 at 11:06 PM.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

So you're a kahr collector...
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Lead Moderator
    carrying same brand, operation, trigger pull ,mag sure sounds nice and easy to learn on.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Yes I would love to carry the GLOCK 17. I would feel very comfortable with it and I plan on purchasing one someday. I would never carry the 26 and the 17 at the same time. They are too thick for that and I probably won't carry spare mags except in the winter when I have a lot more pocket space with the big coats and all. However, the GLOCKs are too thick for anything but winter carry on me. I can use the same holster, a C.T.A.C. slide. But in fullsize I'd rather have a .45 and I'd like to try a single stack to keep it slim, maybe then I would actually carry it. That is where the Kahr P45, SIG 220 and 1911 come in. The Kahr P45 is probably the best for me and would still have the same manual of arms as the PM9 which will be the next gun I get.

um a sig 220 is pretty thick too so is a 1911 my glock 17 actually measures thinner in the grip than 1911 because of the grips it came with and unless you get super thing ones its not gonna slim down that much

Yes the 220 is very thick for a single stack as are most 1911s. Thats why I like the Kahr so much. Plus it weighs 18.5oz unloaded and is 1.01" at the slide. It might as close to perfect for me as I can get. I might be able to fill all my ccw need with just the Kahr PM9 and P45. I'll keep the GLOCK because it was my first handgun and have been 100% for over 1400 rounds. No surprise there and I also plan on getting the 17 to keep it company. I have a GLOCK sight pusher/adjustment tool and even if I never carry it I can still use it as a truck gun or night stand gun.

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout
    However, the GLOCKs are too thick for anything but winter carry on me.
    I'm 5'10" and 175 and have no problem concealing a Glock-19, a flashlight, a spare mag, and a fixed-blade knife under an untucked t-shirt, polo, or button-down.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Yes I can conceal the 26 with my Comp-Tac C.T.A.C. but during the summer I prefer to were t-shirts that fit snug. I cannot stand to wear t-shirts that are too big. I know I'll have to make sacrifices in order to carry but I just cannot get used to wearing baggy t-shirts. But during the hot months I'll have the Kahr PM9 for pocket carry. During the winter months it'll be easy to conceal a GLOCK 26/19/17 or the Kahr P45. I have a Gortex woodland camo jacket that I wear and where I live I won't stock out one bit while wearing the jacket. In my town if your not a gangbanger you wear Carharts.

there is something to be said to carrying the same basic functional format, like 1911's, only Glocks, only Sigs of a feather, & Smiths with identical functions. one can vary the size but keep the same basic function. that way one is most familiar with the format through training/exercise regardless whether one packs a full size, commander, compact, etc. one can even vary the caliber or bullet ballistics from size to size to more closely mimic the felt recoil.
    john

I have no problem carrying handguns with different manual of arms. Maybe if it was for some one or a family that would be too busy to practice often. I handle (safely) my firearms nearly every day and know exactly how to operate every one. That being said I completely understand the logic, but there are too many guns I love to limit myself in that way.

Links