any Ruger LCR owners on here?

This is a discussion on any Ruger LCR owners on here? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just looking for some input on Ruger's LCR revolver..any issues you've had with this gun? i recently checked one out and liked it.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any Ruger LCR owners on here?

just looking for some input on Ruger's LCR revolver..any issues you've had with this gun? i recently checked one out and liked it..
    Last edited by crue2009; October 7th, 2009 at 10:40 PM.

I bought one for my wife and she loves her LCR. She had the inventory of three stores to choose from, and she found everything she wanted in the LCR. The fantastic trigger is what sold her the most. She hates the S&W J-frame triggers... They make her hands shake.

No issues to date... Just lots of ruined paper.

My wifes new constant companion:

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

The wife bought an LCR a few months ago. She has put about 600 rounds through it so far with no problems at all. It is a very nice shooting snubbie. The trigger action is what sold her on this one as opposed to the s&w's. The only complaint so far is that the sights are alittle hard to see when shooting against a solid black target, but the gun has functioned flawlessly.

Yep, got one in my pocket right now. Lots of discussion about caliber, firepower, number of rounds needed, you name it, all over the web. I can only tell ya this, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of .38 + P :)

It's a great revolver, lightweight, easily concealed, quite accurate, fires when I pull the trigger.

nice......

I love my LCR, I carry it alot.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I'm very happy with mine. I only have ~100 rounds through it, but so far I've been very happy with how well it shoots. For a small gun, the sight picture is excellent. I've dry fired it ~10K times and the trigger is wonderful. Breaks extremely cleanly. Nothing like the S&W J-frame trigger. Recoil is not an issue with the Houge grips. I think the polymer frame helps to absorb some of the energy too. I'd highly recommend it.

I held one at the store today and it sealed the deal. This IS the gun I will be getting next. I hope to buy in the next month or so. I can't wait.

I have one. I really like it. It seems the trigger gets better the more it's pulled. Or perhaps that's in my mind. It seems like it to me, I guess that's all that matters.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I almost bought one this past Saturday, but decided on a Springfield XD 9sc for now... (figured the LCR price might come down a little or any issues that arise might be fixed...i trust it, but it's still a new gun)

But I did see one being sold for $388 at one stand. And another place had them for $395.

Just thought I'd give anyone interested a little update on the price... (I was at the Houston Gun show at Reliant center.)

I have been going back and forth between it and an S&W. Here is a video I found that points out some positives/negatives about it. Anyone care to share their opinions that actually own it regarding the review?

YouTube - Ruger LCR Review

I also just read an article on it and it said XS Sights should be coming out very soon with a big dot for it.

Wanted an LCR badly, until I held it. The trigger IS EXCELLENT, no doubt. The gun just felt loose. It was a rental gun at my local gun store,but still new(hasn't been out that long)and the cylinder could spin almost a complete revolution before locking up(this is after opening and swinging cyl. out and then back in). The saleman(a gun guy and retired cop)said all LCR's he handled did the same thing. Think I'll get a Smith J-frame when the time comes. For the record I LOVE and have owned other SA and DA Ruger revolvers. Didn't mean to be a "monkey wrench"..maybe they got a bunch of "Monday guns"
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Wanted an LCR badly, until I held it. The trigger IS EXCELLENT, no doubt. The gun just felt loose. It was a rental gun at my local gun store,but still new(hasn't been out that long)and the cylinder could spin almost a complete revolution before locking up(this is after opening and swinging cyl. out and then back in). The saleman(a gun guy and retired cop)said all LCR's he handled did the same thing. Think I'll get a Smith J-frame when the time comes. For the record I LOVE and have owned other SA and DA Ruger revolvers. Didn't mean to be a "monkey wrench"..maybe they got a bunch of "Monday guns"
    After firing five different LCR's and fondling twice that number at the local dealer/range, I have to say that I have no idea what you are talking about. The immediate and tight lockup was one of the things that sold me on the Ruger LCR. I'm not even sure of the kind of stress or wear that you could put onto the hardened 4000-series steel cylinder and titanium latch pin to cause that degree of slop.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

VIP Member
    The guy in the video is a bit of a joke.
    Anyway, I think the LCR has a very nice trigger action. IMHO, the only thing better off the shelf, is a steel Colt. Now, don't shoot the messenger since I only have Smiths’ and given the option I would prefer an S&W or Colt.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

there's a video on You Tube called "buyers beware, Ruger LCR"...it shows the frame of a LCR damaged from flame cutting...check it out and post your thoughts and opinions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links