Ordered a new BUG

This is a discussion on Ordered a new BUG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I got it yesterday (tuesday) and had a chance to go put a few rounds through it. Overall, I'm pretty pleased. The fit and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordered a new BUG

Okay, I got it yesterday (tuesday) and had a chance to go put a few rounds through it.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased. The fit and finish are pretty good and the factory grips are comfortable though I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them or switch to something else.

The double-action trigger pull is a little heavy but is much smoother than I was expecting. I'm sure it will improve with use. Recoil with Winchester white-box ammo is a non-issue. Next time I go to the range, I plan to try some +P's to see how it feels with those.

Accuracy was pretty good. Five shot groups at 5 yards usually had 2 or 3 holes touching. At seven yards I was able to keep the groups around silver-dollar size, give or take. Definately sufficient for a gun of this type.

All things considered, I'm pretty happy with my newest acquisition.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I firmly believe the Taurus line of weapons are underrated. Taurus has a great line of "most anything you'd want" kinda stuff. Also a lifetime warranty. What's mo betta dan dat ??

I had a chance to shoot one of the same weapons in a class about 3 weeks ago. The lady had been CCing it for a couple months and she stated that she "loved it". I talked to her husband on the phone a couple of days before the class and he told me that she was having a hard time controlling the weapon. I brought some standard velocity loads with me to class just in case they were needed. Sure nuff,she was shooting/carring some hotter 'en hell load and her weapon was rotateing skyward with each discharge.

Long story short.....she was taught a better grip,stepped down to standard velocity loads,and started using the single action feature (and using her off hand thumb to cock the weapon) unless the BG was "close". She still did real good doub-act at 3 and 5 yards.

The weapon seemed to shoot the heavier,standard velocity bullets, better than the lighter bullets also. It seemed to shoot to where it was pointed,and that's a real plus for the fixed,front sight post only, weapons. ---------

Sounds like a winner Matt. So is this going to be a full time pocket BUG or a Summertime primary? I know .38spl is on the low side of acceptable defense calibers but when those Dog Days start up it's a pretty good option for a lightweight, go anywhere gun - and the +P is nothing to sneeze at.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Sounds like a winner Matt. So is this going to be a full time pocket BUG or a Summertime primary? I know .38spl is on the low side of acceptable defense calibers but when those Dog Days start up it's a pretty good option for a lightweight, go anywhere gun - and the +P is nothing to sneeze at.
    Jack
    I may occasionally carry it as a second handgun but it's really just for times that I'm dressed in such a way that I can't carry my primary (either my 1911 in the winter, or my glock-19).

then there's the fact that I didn't have a snubby and now I do
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Good reason... nice to have a snub! :)
    I've got a 642, but always on the lookout for another snub.
    They just slip real easy into your pocket for those warmer months...
    NRA,GOAL,CMP,GCA,USCCA
    www.mallardspring.com
    Fenix, Olight, iTP, AMK
    Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8

Nice gun enjoy it. I had a taurus 85 3in 38 spl in stainless. I coulda kicked myself in the but for gettin rid of it. Probably the best concealing gun i ever had.

Sixgun

VIP Member
    I still want a Taurus 905 9mm revolver myself....they are sharp looking, compact, and chambered in a potent caliber.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links