Does this idea appeal to anyone on the forum?

Does this idea appeal to anyone on the forum?

This is a discussion on Does this idea appeal to anyone on the forum? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking at the Kel-Tec P32 and pondered, "would anyone put a barrel chambered for the .25 NAA made for this handgun?" or "would ...

Thread: Does this idea appeal to anyone on the forum?

Question Does this idea appeal to anyone on the forum?

I was looking at the Kel-Tec P32 and pondered, "would anyone put a barrel chambered for the .25 NAA made for this handgun?" or "would they have an.32 NAA barrel manufacured for a Kel-Tec P3AT?"

I was thinking that the longer barrel would yield higher velocities (as well as deeper penetration) from either platform. These arrangements would also reduce recoil, because you are launching a lighter bullet from said longer barrel. In these handguns, such cartridges could prove more effective than their parent cartridges.

What do you think?

Administrator
    Interesting idea, but I think a conversion would need to be more than a barrel swap.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I think if you want a .32 buy one, if you want a .25 buy one, and if you want something else, buy it. I don't see the need to buy one thing and try to make it do something it wasn't designed for. If you want deeper penetration or more effective get a bigger caliber.

I do understand those that want a Glock to be able to shoot .40 instead of .357 sig for practice because of cost, but in that or other similar cases, it really is just a barrel swap.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

The "barrel swap" is all that is needed for the cartridge change. The .25 NAA is a .32 ACP necked down to accept a .25 (.251") caliber projectile. The .32 NAA is a .380 ACP necked down to accept a .32 (.311") caliber projectile, nothing more. This is how North American Arms and Cor-Bon engineered them. The idea is identical to what was done to develop the .357 Sig cartridge.

The idea of a longer cartridge to enhance the performance of a smaller projectile has been around for quite a while. The .30 Luger is a prime example of this.

Both Cor-Bon and NAA wanted to use their .32 ACP and .380 ACP platforms to increase the performance of the smaller caliber pisols with the least number of alterations to the handguns already in production. This resulted in increased propellant capacity while keeping peak pressures within the ranges of the parent cartridge.

With the increasing availbility of the P3AT and P32 handguns, a simple barrel exchange canincrease the penetration capabilities of both handguns. As we all know, penetration is the best bet when it comes to smaller caiber pistols.

Actually the idea isnt that far out there. Kel-tec made a .32 NAA conversion for awhile. Innovative Arms builds one for the LCP. You actually would have to change out the springs. It's all basically drop-in. I looked at the Innovative Arms package, It comes with a full set of Wolff replacement spirngs. Check the links.

Innovative Arms - Gunsmith, Suppressors, Silencers, FFL, NFA

SiteBuilder 32NAA BARREL FOR LCP

SiteBuilder 32NAA BARREL ON LCP
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

You can put a diamond in a goat's hind-end, but it's still a goat. I'm all for gun-tinkering. But (IMHO) working to convert a value-priced handgun into a more expensive & exclusive caliber, while an interesting exercise in "what if?", is like installing a Lamborghini engine in a...Kia. It's cool enough, but what have you got when you finish? A more expensive, higher-maintenance cheap, Korean car.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Sponsored Links