New SLIMLINE coming down the line?

This is a discussion on New SLIMLINE coming down the line? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone has heard how well the SLIMLINE .45 from Glock is going? Has anyone heard of any plans to roll out ...

Thread: New SLIMLINE coming down the line?

I was wondering if anyone has heard how well the SLIMLINE .45 from Glock is going? Has anyone heard of any plans to roll out others in different chamberings? Thanks.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote"
    --Benjamin Franklin

"Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice."
    --Henry Ford

Distinguished Member
    I have heard of more than a few problems with it. On some of them the slide is wearing a grove in the trigger bar, causing it not to return to battery. I talked to a Glock Tech. yesterday about this, as I have been thinking of get one also, but he didn't give me any confidence in buying one, that the problem is solved.

I am speaking of the G30 SF model, Short Frame.

I just lost about thirty minutes of typing here on this thread because when I hit post quick reply it came back with invalid thread specified. I'm not feeling well now. You'd think I would know better by now to copy and paste my replies in order to circumvent any site problems. But it's all lost now.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I just lost about thirty minutes of typing here on this thread because when I hit post quick reply it came back with invalid thread specified. I'm not feeling well now. You'd think I would know better by now to copy and paste my replies in order to circumvent any site problems. But it's all lost now.
    perhaps the Glock gods are mad at you.

That sucks, I know the feeling Ram Rod.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I haven't heard of any problems and I know of many shooters with the 21sf and/or the 30sf. The only problems I've heard of that is pretty widespread is the 36 single stack .45acp model having some feed issues, but nothing else comes to mind.

Having said that I don't think there's any word about an sf model for other calibers. Not too many major complaints about the weapon's size.
    Last edited by cmdrdredd; October 8th, 2009 at 10:05 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    perhaps the Glock gods are mad at you.

That sucks, I know the feeling Ram Rod.
    Thanks for the heads up. You may be right actually. There won't be another right time and right place for what I had down. Lost forever....one of those good rambling posts I get into every now and then. Maybe I was over on amount of text?
    Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    I kind of wish I had it all back now.

I had two G30SFs that had RTB issues. Finally got a G30 as a replacement and it has the trigger bar gouge but it has performed flawlessly with a Wolff #19 Recoil Spring Assembly. I have shot 1400 rounds without any problems and it is my EDC with 230 gr. +P HSTs. Trust my life to it.
    I also have a G21SF that has fired 2900 flawless rounds, 100% stock. Never any issues, may be the best .45 out there. Just not for CCW.

Are we taliking about the Slimline Glock (6+1 shot Glock 36), or the SF (Short Frame) models--G21, 21, 29 and 30SF (21& 30 being the .45's)?

If we're talking about the Slimline--the G36 is a great pistol; I've had one for at least 5 years now, and couldn't be more pleased with it. I've probably got at least 5k rounds through it, never a single problem. It's one of my regular choices for carry.

And, the issue with the G36's were with the very first ones out the door; problems have long since been alleviated.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Yep. I've been doing that for years. I got tired of breaking out in a cold sweat when I had just typed a mini-novel, then clicked Submit, and watched while it chugged for several minutes.

If a post is long and involved enough, I'll actually paste it into Notepad as a bit of extra insurance.

Sorry yours got lost.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Sponsored Links