Does anyone out there carry a Walther P88?

This is a discussion on Does anyone out there carry a Walther P88? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering if anyone of you Guys or Gals carry a Full size Walther P88?I am getting one but don't know of any good holster ...

Thread: Does anyone out there carry a Walther P88?

Just wondering if anyone of you Guys or Gals carry a Full size Walther P88?I am getting one but don't know of any good holster makers that make a good leather IWB for this one.I normally wouldn't get a gun like this but it was love at first sight.Plus it came LNIB with the papers and target and extra mag.Thanks in advance.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Not I

Assistant Administrator
    Not too well up on the Walther range - any chance of a pic?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1951 - 2011
    Hello, sir. The P88 has without question been one of the best grouping automatics I ever owned and the single-most accurate 9mm DA/SA I've ever owned. Mine was an early production gun and it did have one minor problem: If one loaded JHP's having ogives much different than ball, the bullet would engage the rifling when the slide slammed shut behind it, making a live round's removal from the chamber difficult. It is my understanding that this was taken care of in subsequent runs by Walther. I found the gun comfortable and the fixed sights were dead-bang "on" for me. The one I had fed about anything, but the bullet profile had to be similar to Federal or Remington JHP's to avoid the problem previously mentioned.

I sold the gun and sort of regret it. At that time, leather for it was about non-existant.

Best.

You are going to own one of the best semi-auto's ever made. If you read any gun evaluation about it on the web or just about anywhere else, they all say the P-88 was about as good as it gets. If they were a car, they'd rank up there with the high-end Merc's and BMW's. The reason they were discontinued was due to cost... just too expensive for most people to buy and to produce. Even now, a nice used P-88 can cost well over $1,500. About 10 years ago a friend asked me if I would like to buy his P-88 (almost NIB with only 100 rds fired through it), but I didn't have $1,000 to spend on it at the time. He decided to keep it and now it's probably worth twice that much.

They are very similar in size and shape to a Hi-Power (if you're getting the full size gun and not the compact), so finding a holster for one of them and trying it on the P-88 may be a good start. Of course, you could contact several of the better holster makers and ask if they can make one for you or even carry something in their inventory.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I only had to pay $800 for mine and I will do pics of it when I bring it home.I still owe $750 on it and have been selling stuff to get the rest of the $.This was the first full size P88 that I have seen for less than $1000 and it still looks new with all the stuff that came with the new ones.I can't wait to shoot a ton of rounds out of it.It won't look like new for long.Thanks for the replies.

VIP Member
    Outstanding gun! Every bit as good as other high priced semi autos like the Sig P210 and HK P9S Target.

Post a range report with photos after you shoot it!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Not too well up on the Walther range - any chance of a pic?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Here are a couple pics.And as I look at them the P88 is not as LNIB as I thought.I guess with all the lust in my eyes I didn't see the wear on the decockers.OH well.
    Attached Images

That's hard to beleive that gun is $1,500.00 - $2,000.00! learn something new everyday.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I brought the P88 out before it got dark and was able to put 300 rounds down the tube before it got dark.It is very accurate and feels great in the hand but I can still shoot my 1911 much faster.I guess it will take a bit more range time for me to get proficient with it.

Sponsored Links