If ONLY one gun?

This is a discussion on If ONLY one gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you had a choice of owning ONLY one gun for home and CC,what would it be? Price under 1500.00....

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If ONLY one gun?

If ONLY one gun?

If you had a choice of owning ONLY one gun for home and CC,what would it be?
    Price under 1500.00.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Glock 32. Its a .357sig, that I can put a .40 barrel in, or buy a 9mm barrel and a 9mm mag and make it a 9. Its the same size as a G19 and is just as reliable.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

some kind of 1911 or a sig 220
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

My S&W 66-1 2.5". Can do anything I need and I just like it.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

After many years, I can now say that I know the answer to this one...my Glock-36.

(I would like to say that, "I'm sorry." to my two Kimbers now sitting in the safe.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I think I'd keep my SP-101. It's compact but powerful with excellent reliability and should last me forever. Your $1500 price tag seems a bit high for what most folks are going to depend upon most. I think very few will legitimately pick a $1500 1911 or something like that.
    "I play for keeps."

Sig P229

If I only had one handgun it would have to serve all functions well - concealed carry, home defense and range use. So it would have to be compact enough to conceal but sturdy enough to handle lots of shooting. It should also be reliable and trouble-free, and in a "medium" caliber with readily available ammunition.

I believe I would go with the Sig P229 in .40 caliber, which can be converted to 9mm with a barrel and magazine change. It is the best all-around gun I have.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

G19 or G32, tough call.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kspilot536 View Post
    If you had a choice of owning ONLY one gun for home and CC,what would it be?
    Price under 1500.00.
    Just one?
    I could never get rid of my children. Though they are all a bit different, I love them all. That said in the middle of the night if I had to reach for one, it would be Lucille, the S&W 686+ (3" barrel) if Harriet the S&W Model 29 didn't get in the way.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Any caliber that starts with a 4 and ends with a 5. Since I'm a dedicated 1911 fan, thats what I would choose.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

If parts were available I would go with the Glock even though I don't own one.

But if I could only have one gun and no parts could be had I would go with a Ruger Speed or Security in .357.

Not that the Glock would need repairs but I would go with the IRON HORSE of revolvers.

bosco

Probably Fn Hi Power 9mm

If I could only have one it's a Ruger Security Six, .357, 4 in. bbl.. Nowadays, or when it was new, way under $1500.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    Glock 32. Its a .357sig, that I can put a .40 barrel in, or buy a 9mm barrel and a 9mm mag and make it a 9. Its the same size as a G19 and is just as reliable.
    Probably what I would do as well, one of these days I need to go ahead and just buy a Glock.

VIP Member
    Model 632 S&W .327 Magnum
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links