Defensive Carry banner

Glock Backstrap Channel Plugs

8K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Blackeagle 
#1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if there is any reason not to use one on a Glock ?

#2 ·
You'll notice that on a Glock, there's a half circle cutout in the hole at the back of the grip exposing the magazine above the base, along with a similar cutout at the front of the grip. These cutouts are there to allow you to get a good grip on a magazine and rip it out of the gun (during the process of clearing a double feed, for example). Plugging the hole at the back makes grabbing the magazine like this impossible.

#12 ·
Not impossible at all. If you install one and look at it, it helps you get the mag inserted into the mag well without looking and not get hung up on the hole. To pull the mag out it's easy to get a firm grip on it and pull. At least for me anyway.

All my Glocks have them installed.

#4 ·
I have had them on everyone of my Glocks. I just like the way it makes for a more finished look.
Mike

#6 ·
GunnyBunny

Do you notice the difference in recoil with the Seattle Slug ?

Thanks.

#9 ·
Do you notice the difference in recoil with the Seattle Slug ?

Thanks.
I got the brass one first.

It changed the balance and affected my accuracy somewhat. I probably would have gotten used to that with practice. I suppose it did reduce recoil a tad.

I switched to the aluminum to get back to the balance I was used to.

#7 ·
I dont seen any reason not to use one.

As much as I have fired my Glock 21, I have yet to fail to be able to extract a magazine.

While it may be true for the original design magazines that were designed to hang up and not fall free, most mags are now made to drop out when the mag release it pressed.

I've got one on my duty Glock just to keep the crud out of it.

#18 ·
As much as I have fired my Glock 21, I have yet to fail to be able to extract a magazine.

While it may be true for the original design magazines that were designed to hang up and not fall free, most mags are now made to drop out when the mag release it pressed.
The don't drop free if there's a double feed, and 'rip, rack, reload' is a whole lot quicker than locking the slide back.

#13 ·
I have installed on both the 23 and the 27. The one in the 27 fell out the first time I shot a few rounds. Wouldn't stay in. It was a Pearce plug. I decided to leave it out. The 23 has the small nub that holds it in. It had been in for months until cleaning this week. I like the look, but not sure about getting another one for the 27. I'd hate to lose it again.

#14 ·
The purpose of the opening is so that dirt, debris and water can be expelled. Since most of us are not in intense combat situations on a regular basis, this is not so much of a problem. GLOCK even located their locking system in that channel. Plugs should not be a problem, but you will want to clean it out occasionally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.