Thinking of getting sig refinished

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting sig refinished within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My slide on my sig is starting to show a little bit of wear and tear and so I am wanting to get it recoated. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting sig refinished

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar

Thinking of getting sig refinished

My slide on my sig is starting to show a little bit of wear and tear and so I am wanting to get it recoated. I have a gunsmith who has something called Kg gunkote and I have not heard of this before. The two questions is what is kg gunkote and does anyone have pictures of their weapons with it. And should I just get the slide refinished or the whole weapon. He charges slide 50.00 and whole weapon 115.00 with two weeks turnaround
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

2. Remove Ads

I have heard good things about KG guncote, even though I have never tried it myself. I have had two pistols refinished in NP3 by Robar Industries and I can recommend them highly. Their website is www.robarguns.com if you are interested.
    God bless our troops!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    One of the posters on DC refinished his slide with Gun Kote and got very good results. He posted pics and it looked great. According to their web site the finish is so durable it can only be removed by sand blasting.
    Actually you can do it yourself for a lot less than the quote. Do a search on DC for the posting.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    One of the posters on DC refinished his slide with Gun Kote and got very good results. He posted pics and it looked great. According to their web site the finish is so durable it can only be removed by sand blasting.
    Actually you can do it yourself for a lot less than the quote. Do a search on DC for the posting.
    DIY is possible but most of the end result comes from the prep. A lot of guys at SigForum swear by CCR refinishing. Never used him myself but prices seem reasonable and he has some good looking examples.

CCR Firearm Refinishing

Yes, Brad at CCR can work magic on a SIG.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

I got my whole Kimber pro carry 2 redone in duracoat ( hindsight is 20/20, I should have spent the extra money for stainless) It seems to work pretty well. You can get a kit for 50 or so that includes all the parts you need to refinish a few guns at home.
    Kimber Pro Carry II
    SIG Sauer P229, 238, Mosquito
    Beretta 92FS
    Custom STI 1911
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

VIP Member
    You can get it refinished by the SIG Custom Shop. You can check with them for price and types of refinish work. SIG Custom Shop Price List
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

SIG custom shop does not do refinishing on the price list. But still the question remains get the slide refinished or get the whole weapon redone.

EW3
    Are you a member at SigForum? There is a member there that has his own company that does this and he does beautiful work:

http://www.customizedcreationz.com/
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I will more than likely use the gunsmith here. so now the only question just have the slide refinished or get the whole gun redone

I've heard good things about CCR. I think he offers a discount to sigforum members, too.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    I would have the entire Sig refinished by Accurate Plating & Weaponry with their brushed hard chrome finish and the finish will probably outlast you. Used them for a Browning HP and an 870 riot. Both looked fantastic and looked exactly like matte stainless. The 870 saw 6 years of abuse when I was stationed on Kodiak and Sitka Islands in AK and was constantly wet with rain and saltwater. When I sold it the finish was still in great shape. Wish I still had it and the HP!

HIGHLY recommend Bob and his crew! You won't be dissapointed.

New Page 1
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    SIG custom shop does not do refinishing on the price list. But still the question remains get the slide refinished or get the whole weapon redone.
    They don't show it on the first page, but if you open up the "Download SIG SAUER Custom Shop price list here" window the finish services are on page 2 of the list.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

they charge 100 to redone the slide when the gunsmith here says 50 for the slide and the wait time is half the time sig qoutes plus I can hand deliver my weapon and pick it up so I maintain custody of my weapon and minimize the chance of my weapon being misplaced in between gunsmith and myself.

I handed my P220 over to the gunsmith yesterday (standard black) for a makeover. The frame will be a semi-gloss nickel. Slide, trigger , hammer, etc. will be polished nickel, and new grips will be Hogue Pau Ferro Exotic Hardwood. Will have it back by the end of the week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links