New CZ 75 B

New CZ 75 B

This is a discussion on New CZ 75 B within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CZ 75 B

New CZ 75 B

CZ 75 B
    DPMS AR 15
    CZ 453 American

VIP Member
    Nice looking gun. Does it have the standard trigger or Omega trigger on it?

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I have little CZ experience, but that is a good looking pistol. I assume you use it for carry?

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Nice looking gun. Does it have the standard trigger or Omega trigger on it?
    I like the pull on the standard trigger so I left it alone. Next on the list is to stock up on 16 rd mags and some new grips.
    CZ 75 B
    DPMS AR 15
    CZ 453 American

Very nice.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by kahrcarrier View Post
    I have little CZ experience, but that is a good looking pistol. I assume you use it for carry?
    The CZ is my every day carry. The ergonomic design, reliability and easy take down made this an attractive weapon to me. It's also very affordable compared to others in its class. I got mine for $500 (pre tax) and included carrying case, cleaning kit and two 16 rd. mags.
    CZ 75 B
    DPMS AR 15
    CZ 453 American

Nice looking pistola, great carry combo...(Although I see room for a small canister of pepper spray there.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Nice looking pistola, great carry combo...(Although I see room for a small canister of pepper spray there.)
    +1, still shopping around for the right pepper spray and holster to complete my edc rig.
    CZ 75 B
    DPMS AR 15
    CZ 453 American

VIP Member
    Very Nice! Congrats..
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I miss my 75BD. It will be the first gun replaced when finances improve.
    Super accurate, points like a finger.
    Enjoy!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmbrcstm2 View Post
    I like the pull on the standard trigger so I left it alone. Next on the list is to stock up on 16 rd mags and some new grips.
    I haven't had a chance to try the Omega trigger. No complaints with the trigger on my CZ75 P-06, which is my EDC, or on my P-01.

Great weapon. I have the 75 B in stainless and have been thinking of added the poly as well. I added a CZ 75 BD to my collection about three weeks ago and love the thing. The Hogue wraparound grip really locks the gun into your hand and gives a great feel. Great addition.

VIP Member
    I carry my CZ 75 BD everyday and don't think that I will be changing that any time soon. On the subject of mags, you might want to look into the Mec-Gar 17 and 19 round mags. I now carry my 75 BD with the 17 round in place and a 19 round in the mag carrier on my belt.

I started off with the standard mags, but the one in the mag carrier had a sharp corner and poked me.

So I bought CZ rubber base pads to replace the standard base plate. This helped, but the pads are wide and they rubbed when in the mag carrier.

A few months ago I ran across the Mec-Gar high cap mags with anti-friction coating. Mec-Gar makes the factory mags for a number of pistol manufacturers like Berretta, Kel-Tec, SIG, and others, so I knew they would be top quality. I bought a 17 and a 19.

The bases of both the 17 and 19 round mags are narrower than the rubber base from CZ and the 17 actually ends up being a tiny bit shorter than the 16 round original mag with the rubber base on it. The 19 is only about a half inch taller than the standard mag with the metal base plate and about a quarter inch taller than one one with the rubber base plate.

I have put several hundred rounds through the CZ using both the 17 and 19 round Mec-Gar mags without any sign of a problem. Before anyone asks the rounds in the mags are Federal Premium Tactical Expanding Full Metal Jacket 124 gr. +P. This is what I carry in all my 9mm carry weapons.

When I was looking for the Mec-Gar mags the best price I found was at Midsouth Shooters Supply. The mags are under the heading Gun Care & Accessories. I haven't checked lately, but someone else may have a better price now. I have dealt with Midsouth for a number of years and they give great service.

I have no personal connection with Midsouth Shooters Supply nor Mec-Gar.

Enjoy your CZ.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    If it could be, it would be my EDC. I love my 75B.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I DID edc my 75BD, and when I can afford another one, I probably will again.
    Great info on the Mec-Gar mags.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links