Wife is getting Ruger LCP

This is a discussion on Wife is getting Ruger LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last Saturday took the wife to a sporting goods shop in nearby Kentucky. She recently got her carry permit and I had promised to purchase ...

Thread: Wife is getting Ruger LCP

Thumbs up Wife is getting Ruger LCP

Last Saturday took the wife to a sporting goods shop in nearby Kentucky. She recently got her carry permit and I had promised to purchase her a personal firearm for carry.

After looking at the .357 revolvers and such, she noticed Ms. Elsie Pea and loved the feel of it in her small hand. The man who worked there said he carries one, it's his "summer" concealed weapon. She liked the size and how easily she could work the slide action.

I asked her if she would like the smaller .380 caliber, she has fired a Keltec P3AT that someone else owns. She can shoot 9mm .38spl and .40 but felt the Ruger had more to offer, so I bought it for her.

Going to go pick it up Thursday, we live in WV and they must ship it to a FFL dealer so I can get it. Needless to say, she's excited. This is her very first pistol. Can't wait to get her out to the range either, she shoots better than I do, and I want her comfortable with her new toy as soon as possible.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new pistola...
    I'm sure your wife will love the LCP. Be sure and give us a range report, when you get a chance to shoot it.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Good stuff !It's very reassuring to know that the wife is protected.

Consider the Crimson Trace Laserguard for the LCP.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Consider the Crimson Trace Laserguard for the LCP.
    +1 LCP, good choice
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I think the LCP is the hottest ccw pistol out right now!

Edit: I think .380 is the perfect caliber for a weapon this size. Although they make 9mm, its a little much.

Congrats on the new pistola that SHE picked out.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on the new pistol, I have one and really like it.

Thumbs up Update: Got It!!!

Called the store today were Elsie Pea was being shipped. It was in, so being on a vacation week, I went and picked her up. Took about 10 minutes to fill out the paperwork and background check. Got a spare magazine and 50 rds. of ammo too.

Called the wife. She was sooooooo excited, said, "bring it to me at work, like NOW!" Needless to say, I followed orders. Office workers impressed. One of the guys showed me a Taurus .40 he carries.

So I went back home, Elsie Pea stayed with the wife. Will give a range report asap.

Hope I did good.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Called the store today were Elsie Pea was being shipped. It was in, so being on a vacation week, I went and picked her up. Took about 10 minutes to fill out the paperwork and background check. Got a spare magazine and 50 rds. of ammo too.

Called the wife. She was sooooooo excited, said, "bring it to me at work, like NOW!" Needless to say, I followed orders. Office workers impressed. One of the guys showed me a Taurus .40 he carries.

So I went back home, Elsie Pea stayed with the wife. Will give a range report asap.

Hope I did good.
    Just a heads-up -- the LCP I bought doesn't feed very well. I'm glad I didn't have to use it before taking it shooting and figuring out. Great little gun but seems to need break in. Girlfriend's LCP seems to be the same way. Take that into consideration before your wife starts carrying it...

Good news. Great little pocket rocket! Enjoy and stay safe.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Ruger LCP Crimson Trace LaserGrips®

Ruger LCP Just purchased a week ago and it is nice little pistol. Very Accurate when you take time to aim it. I ordered the LCP™ Crimson Trace LaserGrips® today. Has anyone had any experience with this add on?

Links